Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from Illinois

Hello everyone! I've been stalking for a few years but just realized over the last few weeks that I am missing out on "groups" by not finally joining. I discovered precuts a few years ago, then MSQC tutorials, and finally forums! I am not a prolific sewer as I work full time plus overtime on night shift, have 5+ kids, several dogs, cats, and other critters as well as assist with parents and inlaws when I have a spare minute. If I am lucky, I can manage 8 tops a year (mostly crib size) and have a pile waiting for time to get them quilted. I've just started to learn LA quilting on my mother's old no frills quilter, and have yet to try to quilt a project on my home sewing machine. As my kids have grown older and begin to fly the coop, I was invited to take over an empty bedroom to restart my quilting hobby that had been put away due to lack of space nearly 20 years ago. Wow have things changed since then!!!
    When I started to set up my own personal sewing space, I discovered that tubs and bins of 20+ year old fabric and several UFOs were still in storage. Discovering all that yardage, unfortunately, has not curbed my fabric acquisition, and I promised myself that I would make it a goal for 2018 to only purchase NECESSARY fabric, but that definition has become fluid! lol It has been fun following everyone's projects over the last several years and I've stolen several ideas!

Thank you Everyone!

2. Thanks Laurie B, pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario, KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi from Illinois

Hello and welcome to the forum. We are free to make and break our own rules, there is no quilt police after all! Thank goodness!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from Saskatchewan!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome from another Illinois quilter. I'm close to Peoria and have just gotten to the point that I recognize I have too much "stash". and am working my way to getting it sewn together... (some day, maybe?)

I have several "sandwiched" quilts to get done, and love the piecing the most.. thus lots of Flimsies in a box to get done.

You will love it here and we love to show off our "finishes". Jump right in and enjoy.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi - another Judy here. Home base is North Carolina but planning on spending more time in Chicago during 2019. Just wondering which city you are "too close to." I'm sure you are familiar with a lot of forum members ... will be happy to see you joining the Groups and posting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from sunny Florida!

I need to have your resolve to use what fabrics I have after spending time in my fabric boxes yesterday, and a friend that's sending a box filled with Christmas fabric.... I have no where to keep it!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Orleans, just east of Canada's capital. You will find it great to have dedicated sewing space. It helps to get focused and organize yourself.

There is a group here which is good for motivation. At the beginning of the year, you identify 12 projects you want to tackle. Then at the beginning of every month, a number is posted on the group. You work on that project. It's been good for me, but I do get distracted and add new projects sometimes.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forum and remember........................

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 8.07.29 AM.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	155342
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

11. Thanks Caroline T. thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Northeast Ohio! I have that same rule for buying fabric, only what's necessary...I agree with pcbatiks, it seems like buying fabric is a hobby of its own!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Welcome 8.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	155343