Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Talk about organization! WOW!

They are geared more towards the needs of a Scrap Booker. I couldn't use that for sewing quilts. I have to have a Cutting area, a ironing area, and a sewing area with Design wall.

But, if you wanted that, you could pic up the cabinet at a garage sale or thrift shop and add the shelves, or cubes for storage... and paint it. I have one just sitting in my garage that used to house a Big TV that would work for this.

I also have a huge built in Cabinet that is in sections we took out of our house when we put in a new wall. It could/might work better. Hmmmm...

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    I've seen these before and they are super neat and organized but pricey. You could do very similar yourself with things from IKEA at a fraction of the cost.
    Was going to say the same . I saw a video on Youtube from a woman called Laura Coia who did something similar with a unit original designed to house a huge television screen plus IKEA units, all in white.

Our sewing area is quite small so I'd be hard pressed to fit one of these cabinets in there.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY....if ONLY! I probably never can/could afford, but how wonderful it would be to have everything sew organized and PRETTY!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mine wouldn't stay that organized for very long, LOL!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!