Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's a beautiful Friday

Good morning ladies,

I just know it will be a beautiful sunny day, once the sun come up. Up early, still dark. Cats are in a daze.

Michael has an MRI at 6am for his back. We have been waiting 8 months to get it. Although he is in a much better place with all the treatments he has had, this will hopefully show no permanent damage.

Gotta run, the get going alarm has just gone off.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a beautiful Friday

Good morning everyone. I also know the day will be beautiful, the sky was on fire last night, so red. But alas, I shall enjoy today from inside looking out, as I have to work today.

I am finally all caught up with laundry. Another load washed and dried outside yesterday. Went to town and picked up a some salmon that was on sale. Stopped at the church basement and got a few things there as well. Put camping stuff away finally and just picked up stuff.

Phil and Maizyn are coming home today sometime. It is Oktoberfest weekend here. There has to be over 100 trailers parked around town. Best sauerkraut EVER!!! Tonight after work I shall be headed over there to get us some supper.

There were two requests from friends for a quilt from Victoria's Quilts. Our coordinator sent the request and they were immediately approved so this morning on my way to work I shall pick them both up. One will be coming with me to work on Monday as it is my boss that requested one.

I was up too late last night, found myself a word game and couldn't put it down. I may need a very short nap today as I only have 1 hour for lunch.

Have a great day everyone and a great weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all goes well - can't imagine having to wait so long for an MRI! Glad your wait is finally over and he will be getting some relief soon.

Lots of work to do today - most of which I won't have time to get to before getting ready for work again tonight. Spent yesterday with my quilting group. I am working on two I SPY hexie quilts for a friend. I have sewn enough of them now that I am really enjoying the process. I finished one for my grandson a couple of years ago, and should be getting close to the number of hexie units I need for these, will be counting nxt week to see if I need more. I have some I SPY type fabrics on order from M* and they should be here next week - they shipped early this week.

Everyone have a Blessed Day!

p.s. I was informed last night that we will be getting a taste of Autumn next week when the temp will only get to 86 !!
    Donna

6. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We're back. We stopped for coffee and the best apple turnover I have had in awhile. Resting and trying to decide whether I will go to my GF to try and figure out the LA set up. I'm torn as I should book and get my hair done.

I started quilting the toddler quilt for guild challenge. I looked through my stash and found the perfect backing.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We're having a taste of autumn every day now! Another 40's morning; the furnace is on. I spread winterizer fertilizer on the lawn yest. eve. before it got dark. Had just enough time. I also disconnected the hoses. I will do that from now on.

Today is our monthly Lady Bugs get together. We're having lunch at Red Lobster. Last mo. we all thought my friend Martha would be moving to CA, but God had other plans. After lunch, I'll make a stop at Hobby Lobby to look at fabric. I need to go to the groc. store for salmon & chicken. I need to make DH's soup again tomorrow, so I'll be doing the veg. prep later today.

No more time now. Have a great day & good week end. I sure hope I can get to the sewing room soon.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, dwil23, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Suzanne, I hope all went well with your DH's MRI.

Monique, it's been so long since I've had any sauerkraut, DH didn't care for it, and I kind of lost my taste for it after Mom canned some one year.

Donna, I'm looking forward to a taste of fall, but it doesn't sound like we'll have one for a while. It's been in the 90s the past few days. When the humidity is low, that's not too bad. Unfortunately, the humidity is building up again, it was like trying to breathe through a wet blanket yesterday.

Between, Zeke and Jonathan I managed to get the hour glass blocks all squared. I don't how, but I managed to catch one of the blocks and sliced almost half of the one side through. Sigh, I hope I don't really need it, but I have enough border fabric to make one block if necessary. I'll start on 9 patches today and take Hope's quilt and backing to Palm Tree Quilting to be quilted.

I watched tidbits of the hearing yesterday and did a lot of praying. I can't imagine anyone wanting to have anything to do with a job that requires Senate approval any more. Why would anyone willingly put their family through everything that this family has been through. It's an embarrassment!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings. Prayers for those rebuilding from the storms and fires.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, dwil23, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone....It's another chilly morning but next week is supposed to be in the 80s again.

The Girls were groomed yesterday and looked absolutely adorable. Maggie got into the mud this morning before sunrise and had to have a bath first thing. So far Sugar is in good shape. They had cute bows on their collars when I picked them up but they were both off and shredded when we got home. The pups don't like girlie stuff evidently. I don't think they like to be clean or smell good either.
    i
    Jeff is going to the apartments straight from work this afternoon to fix a dryer. He is doing this so he can be home for the weekend. Of course if the dryer can't be repaired we will have to replace it tomorrow.

It sounds like the M* retreat was wonderful this again this year.

Time for me to take the Girls out and then feed them.

Have a great Friday everyone.

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up the rest of the Shriner project quilts yesterday. It was disappointing that they did not sell in any of the shops I put them in. I found them easy to sell to my customers but then, I drug them all over to the quilt table and told them about the great cause and sort of twisted their arms I guess. They just didn't do well sitting on a shelf. Hope we are able to do better tomorrow.
    It rained all week and into the night but the rain is suppose to be gone today and we are supposed to be dry for 5 days. That will be good.
    Went to Big Lots yesterday and they had Dearfoam slippers for $10 a pair. I bought myself and my mother and MIL a pair. Comfy. Also got a clock for the room we remodeled in the spring. Maybe I'll get it hung today.
    Got a donation from the Cottage Door consignment store for the Shriners. That was nice.
    MIL and I had a very nice lunch out and then I helped her with a few errands and helped her order a radio on line. It was a good day out.
    Today I will try to get my hair to look better for tomorrow. The children will be coming to watch their dad auctioneer and I always want to look my best when I see them.
    Well, I'm off...hope your day is great and your bounty good

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I think our hot weather may be over. We had almost 5 inches of rain Wednesday and Thursday, flash flood warnings and all that. The worst was south of us, but we got plenty of water. Temps expected to be in the low 80's for the next few days.

I was supposed be at a retreat in Alabama this week. I canceled because of illness, but promised myself I would sew at home. I have kept my promise and sewed for the past 2 days. I'll get busy again in a bit. I have a quilt on the design wall, and I'm finishing up the squares. I decided to simplify the design, so may get it together today and tomorrow.

Next week they will start taking my kitchen apart and putting it back together. I'll be without it for 2 weeks or so. I'll get the rest of the painting done while waiting for the counter tops. They can't be measured and made till the cabinets are in. Looks like we will be on a microwave and eat out diet! The sink will be out of commission so I can't do dishes except in the bathroom. Should be an interesting(?) 2 weeks!

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I just finished loading a donation quilt onto the frame. I used "mondo clips" (leader grip/red snapper knock-offs) for the first time instead of pins to fasten it to the cloth leaders. I don't know yet if I'm going to like them. We've had rain all week until today. It's still overcast so I'm waiting for the sunshine...looks like I may be waiting for awhile.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

20. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post