Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A nice chat...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default A nice chat...

I FaceTimed with Andrea on my iPad and Dolores on my phone today while Andrea was at the retreat. She showed me a picture of the center and it looks pretty empty. I think she said only 15 people were attending. Iím sure it has to do with the new commuter rule. Last year, several of us stayed at the Super 8, and there were probably 20 at the retreat center. That was when we were told in the future there would only be two commuter tickets for the retreat.

Iím wishing I had been told the room I had wanted became available last week. Had I been told, Iíd have flown back to KC to meet Dolores at the retreat and we could have done our road trip from there....oh well.

I am leaving on Wednesday morning to fly to Ohio and we leave the next morning. First stop will be Nashville!!

Canít wait to see what kind of trouble we can get into! That will more than likely be when we meet up with Andrea for a couple days in Paducah.....canít wait!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A nice chat...

Actually there are 23 attending the retreat this year. It is perfectly fine just the way it is. There were 27 paid, but unfortunately 4 people had to cancel due to emergencies...so your info is just wrong. Actually it has been quite lovely without all the childish pranks going on this year, ...you know people actually behaving like adults. The people whom those pranks were played on, are grateful, that their new machines, and their phones were not subjected to other people messing with them this year, as the culprits did not come. As far as commuter tickets, there is NO reason for ANYONE to stay off site, unless they are traveling with their husband. There were 21 stayed at the center last year, and 11 commuters . Three of those commuters were traveling with their husbands....and there was no good reason to not stay at the sewing center. Everyone on the forum knew that Judy was not going to be able to come, and had to give up her commuter ticket...so that excuse doesn't work either.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, I am not making any excuses. The hotel is not even the room I was trying to get. It was from a worker there that I got the number I was given....perhaps they counted wrong.

I also have no idea of what pranks you are talking about. I was not on the receiving end of any, nor was I involved in any and did not hear of any pranks being done.

Having spent one retreat at the center and one at the hotel, they are both just as nice as the other. The bed are certainly more comfortable at the retreat center and if the rooms were easily accessible, I would be more than happy to stay there, but the stairs and my body parts do not get along.

Here's hoping that your good times continue.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

4. Thanks auntstuff, quiltingaway thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bubba;1039566]I FaceTimed with Andrea on my iPad and Dolores on my phone today while Andrea was at the retreat. She showed me a picture of the center and it looks pretty empty. I think she said only 15 people were attending.]

[I’m wishing I had been told the room I had wanted became available last week.]

You specifically said Andrea told you that number....and if you were wanting the other down stairs room...well sorry, you couldn't have had that room anyway...because you are not handicapped....and there were actually beds available upstairs...so that excuse doesn't work either...but nice try though.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

6. Thanks wlrquilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, I don't know why you have a hair up your butt tonight, but you need to knock it off and quit attacking me.

Yes, I was talking to Andrea, and lo and behold, there was also an employee that told us the number of people there. Actually, the employee did give the number of 17, which is two more than 15.

If you would like a note from my doctor as to my medical diagnosis, I would be more than happy to provide you with one that shows indeed, I do have a physical handicap that would enable me to have a room downstairs.

You don't need to bother to reply to this again, I won't be reading it.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=auntiemern;1039579]
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I FaceTimed with Andrea on my iPad and Dolores on my phone today while Andrea was at the retreat. She showed me a picture of the center and it looks pretty empty. I think she said only 15 people were attending.]

[I’m wishing I had been told the room I had wanted became available last week.]

You specifically said Andrea told you that number....and if you were wanting the other down stairs room...well sorry, you couldn't have had that room anyway...because you are not handicapped....and there were actually beds available upstairs...so that excuse doesn't work either...but nice try though.
    You dont have to be handicapped to get a room downstairs. That was proven last year. And being part of the facetime conversation I too remember numbers in the teens being said.
    I am too old to go back to sleeping in dorms with people I don't know. Just my personal feelings. And I live in a split level house with only 6 steps between floors for a reason.
    I hope everyone is having a great time. I miss seeing some friends, but the road trip we will be taking over the next 2 weeks will be just as fun.
    Dolores

9. Thanks baslp, bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Guess that just goes to show one of the many reasons I chose not to go back . . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

11. Thanks MSN, bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Doloris;1039586]
    Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post

You dont have to be handicapped to get a room downstairs. That was proven last year. And being part of the facetime conversation I too remember numbers in the teens being said.
    I am too old to go back to sleeping in dorms with people I don't know. Just my personal feelings. And I live in a split level house with only 6 steps between floors for a reason.
    I hope everyone is having a great time. I miss seeing some friends, but the road trip we will be taking over the next 2 weeks will be just as fun.
    I went just one time for a retreat. The beds were comfortable but they put four beds in one room. I had no where to place my glasses because there was not even a night stand between beds. And there was only about a foot between beds. One lady's bed was put in front of the only closet in the room. The stairs are very steep. I don't have a handicap other then getting older with arthritis. My knees complained on those steps especially carrying luggage. On a positive note, I did have fun at the retreat. I think I spent more at the stores than I did on the retreat. And the ladies hosting the retreat were very entertaining.

Doloris, your road trip does sound fun!
    Last edited by Vonnie; September 25th, 2018 at 09:25 AM.
    Vonnie

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, just wow! Is this high school? Makes me never want to go!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    Wow, just wow! Is this high school? Makes me never want to go!
    I was thinking the same thing.

16. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post