Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I lost all confidence in my confidence quilting machine.

Unfortunately, Singers are temperamental miserable machines. My mom had one it was stupid, I bought one because that's what I learned on, it was stupid. I will never buy another Singer, you couldn't even pay me to take one off your hands.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I'd give them a call and see what can be done.
    🍄 Heather🍄

2. Thanks Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I remember having a problem with my singer...a small one I have had a while: Turns out I was using the wrong kind of bobbin. It looked just like the ones that came with the machine, but there was a very slight difference. I almost needed a magnifying glass to see what was different. The wrong bobbins were a lot cheaper than the right ones, by the way.

4. Thanks Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Singer still markets a few industrial machines but their domestic line has nothing to offer that isn't made from aluminum and plastic. The good old iron Singers were designed to last for decades these new ones are designed to last a few hundred hours. Sad but true. Get a Juki and be done with it.

6. Thanks Babs quilts thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had time to get the machine back out.
    I have only used the bobbin that came with the machine. I would hope the manufacturer would at least put the right one in the box.

I do still want to get it figured out so my Brother machine can be for quilting and the Singer for piecing.

I do still have my ancient Brother machine........ Still need to have it serviced.

Life gets crazy sometimes......

8. Thanks dwil23, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Singer Confidence Quilter back in 2013, I should have taken it back to Joann's right away but was busy with my Dad and Christmas time. The machine sounded like it was running over railroad tracks and was making loops on the bottom side of the fabric. I took it to a repair guy and he didn't fix it, so had my husband work on it and he fixed it. (should have saved the money spent on the repair man) But within 5 minutes I messed it up and threw it out of time by putting on the wrong walking foot. I bought a Janome, actually I bought 2 Janome's that year. Finally took the Singer to another repair guy and he fixed it so it ran good and was somewhat quieter, then I let it sit for a few years. I got it out this week to hem some jeans, it sews fine but sounds like it's running over railroad tracks again. lol. At least it works, that's something. Sorry for the long story. Anyway, I won't ever buy another new Singer, not worth it. But give me any old black Singer, love them.

10. Thanks 201 Treadler, dwil23, Babs quilts thanked for this post