• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginny B
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Tuesday morning

Good morning all. Never got here yesterday. I got myself moving quickly and did 5 loads of laundry and also shampooed two carpets. I also got to have a nice chat with my bff in CA. Today I am not sure what I will get done. So many directions to go.

Still been watching the news of the effects of Florence down south. It seems that flooding as the rivers crest is the big concern now. One of my cousins who is a firefighter here in NY is down there with the NY 1 team. They were in Bayboro and are now headed to Fayettville to wait for the river there to crest and help in whatever way they can. Saying prayers for all those dealing with the aftermath of this monster storm and also the teams there to help.

Terry, I read your post yesterday about the doggie that found his way to your house. I quickly googled no-kill agencies in NC and there are quite a few. My son just adopted a dog from down south from one of those agencies. Maybe you could find it in your heart to take care of this poor little lost pooch until maybe one of those agencies is able to take him in and work on finding him a loving home. I would imagine they are dealing with issues from Florence too and may not be able to help this week. From what you say, it seems that he is pretty well-behaved. I hope someone didn't just dump him because they no longer wanted him or something. That really infuriates me. Also, he may actually have been chipped so a vet or shelter could check him for that and maybe get him reunited with his family. I'm so happy he wandered to your house and you gave him some food and water. Bless you.

I suppose I should get myself moving this morning. It's going to be a bit of a rainy day today so I guess I will just stay inside and get the living room and den prepared for some furniture moving. We are expecting some new living room furniture to be delivered within the next week or so and we are getting rid of a sofa bed so that needs to get prepped to be put out for pick up. At least I hope it's delivered before we leave for Colorado.

Have a good day everyone. Be safe all those dealing with Florence.
    Ginny B
    Levittown, NY
  • baslp
    The Guild President
    • Sep 2012

Re: Tuesday morning

Good morning. We are expecting more rain today. I have umbrellas stashed everywhere. I am off to PT for my TMJ , and then I go and tutor my Japanese gals. We are talking about health myths. I sad a good segment on the Rachel Ray show.

Have a good dat.
    Beth

Comment

• grammaterry
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2015

The dog left. He and the cat had an argument and he put his tail between his legs and headed down the driveway in the rain. The nearby neighbor called and said he had put him up in one of his goat pens and did we want him. If we didn't, his father in law really wanted him and DH said as long as the father in law lived a good distance away ad would take care of him, go for it. So the dog is gone. The cat is happy. The bird is back to normal. Life is peachy.
      The rain just keeps coming. It is so wet here but we are all good. No damage. We are blessed
      Cohen's grandmother called last night. He's hanging in there. They won't know anything new until October. He has chemo three days, home three and then back to the hospital for 5 days in rotation like that. In October they will do scans and decide if surgery or radiation would be appropriate. She says he is a brave little boy.
      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

• Cathy F
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Morning all
        A gloomy day here, looks like we may be in for some rain.

Have aclass today at the quilt shop that I'm looking forward to, areading pillow. I've done them before but when you take a class you come home with a finished product and I don't need another UFO, also it's more fun to sew with others. My prep work should have been very simple except when stitching out my saying I went to reach for something and my hand knocked the cord out of the machine. It was a custom setting and my older machine doesn't return to the last stitch stitched. Needless to say I couldn't realign it so had to start over,ugggh!

Terryglad to hear the dog would go to a good home but I would have him screened for a chip as there may be an owner looking for a lost dog and heartbroken.

Time for me to get a move on, running behind as usual. Wishing all a good day.
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Ginny B
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Terry, I am glad that someone came forward to take the dog. Keeping you in my prayers to get past Florence and also Cohen and his family.
          Ginny B
          Levittown, NY

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Good morning,

It's another sunny and hot & humid day. Summer is hanging on, and I suppose I prefer this for now. I get to enjoy the flowers in the garden longer and preferable to the disaster caused by Florence. The word is still out whether we will get any after effects. I cannot imagine living through this. While everyone was prepared, still sad for the lives lost. Your life is so much in limbo and uncertainty.

I got lots done yesterday, loads of laundry, paper shredding almost done, groceries and I made vegetable lasagna, one to eat, one to freeze. Saw my daughter a couple of times. My son also biked over early evening. He started training yesterday for police protective service on Parliament Hill. Pre-tests were extensive, and training will last 3 months. If they fail any portion of it, they are out. Tough. I know this is what he really wants, so we are all routing for him. I've got my mom on prayer duty for him.

This morning, I will drop off mom's laundry and finish shredding. I will also drop off the patio & window blinds for donation. Then my cleaning lady arrives at lunchtime, so I will get some sewing done.

Have a good day everyone. Stay dry. Stay cool. Stay safe.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2013

Good Morning! The aftermath of the hurricane has made it where one of our dearly loved members won't be able to make it to the retreat due to flooding. She will be greatly missed. I was looking forward to seeing her again. Hopefully, she can make it next year. This is why there is a commuter ticket now available for anyone who would be able to come at the last minute to the fall forum retreat.

I am headed out the door for a busy day of meetings. Starting with the children are all going to the dentist this morning for check-ups.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Sunny & another hot day in the 90's is forecast Denver is breaking a record with 9 consecutive days of temps. in the 90's for Sept. It sure seems like we've had a long hot summer. We're still using the swamp cooler every afternoon & the ceiling attic fan to cool things off in the eve.

The appliance repairman comes this a.m. at 10 to fix the kitchen stove burner. It needs a new housing underneath plus a new burner. This afternoon I have a much needed massage scheduled. After all that prep & caulk work yest. I'm ready for a good massage. My neck feels really tight.

Time for my breakfast.

I didn't get any sewing done yest. The quilt top still is laid out on the floor waiting for me to cut batting & prepare a pieced backing.

Comment

• chelea
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Cool today with lots of rain forecast from the tropical remnants of Florence. They said it could be torrential at times and we're under a flash flood warning. A good day to sew; just trying to figure out what. I have a Secret Santa project going and the 30's quilt blocks are ready to sew together. My sewing momentum gets interrupted every Wednesday when the new Blockhead clue is released and there were 5 clues released in the last 2 weeks instead of the usual 2. And to make matters worse (haha) I just got a new book called "String Quilt Style". More distractions, but in a good way.
                  Michele
                  ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                  To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2013

Terry glad you found someone for the dog.
                    Michele, keep those Secret Santa gifts coming!
                    Flo seemed to meanger east of us so all in all we just got some rain.

Made progress today. I found a welder willing to get the stainless steel rods and cut them for my quilting frame. Those plastic ones just don't hold up for very long so this will be an improvement. Quite a few quilters are recommending changing over to stainless steel if you can. Price is about the same or a bit under and they last and also give a smooth ride :-)
                    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Whew! Zeke and Esther have been transported to Nana and Nandy's for the rest of the afternoon. All of the left over 1/2 square triangles are squared up and pressed. Tomorrow, J and I may look at patterns to try out.

Yesterday, was family dinner. Tonight is left overs. I'm going to take the ham and make Grandma's Scalloped Potatoes and Ham for Mike and me. We had butternut squash, I thought making a large squash there would be some left overs. There's less than 1 serving left over. The broccoli, that I thought would be enough, wasn't.. seems like all the sudden all three kids love broccoli. So I'm going to have some adjusting to do to may amounts to cook. lol, watch next week, they won't eat anything and I'll have too many left overs.

I have to go to the bank today. My life insurance check arrived. It came to term and they sent the check. I'd called to see if they would roll it over into a different policy, but apparently they couldn't . So into the savings account it goes. A trip to the grocery store for potatoes and an onion. I don't use a lot of either of those, so I just buy them when I need them.

I hope everyone in Florence's path is safe and secure. Many of the roads in eastern NC are going to have to be repaved. That's not going to be fun, waiting on the infrastructure to be repaired.

Prayers for those in need, prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                      X