Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to square up a QST (hourglass)?

Quote Originally Posted by Denise1162 View Post
    It's from MSQC
    which pattern is it? Is it a tutorial?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to square up a QST (hourglass)?

That's the pattern I used and the quilt won first place at the state fair, so I must have done it right. I used my Creative Grids square ruler to square up. I thought the ruler was 6" but maybe it is 6.5"--crazy I don't know since I use that ruler almost every day. I can't measure the blocks right now, I am on vacation in Colorado this week, but can measure when I get home next week. You probably want to do it right NOW though. LOL. Usually you just need to find the center of your block put a piece of blue tape or post it note to mark halfway point on the ruler, and square up the right side and the top from that middle point, turn the block them do the other two sides. And make sure the diagonal mark on the ruler lines up with the center of your top right and bottom left corners. I am right handed so these are RH directions. If I remember correctly my blocks did not need too much trimming. I thought that pattern was SO much fun to make. Please post a picture of yours when you're done!!