Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pennsylvania Chicken Pot Pie Recipes?

My sister-in-law makes a really good chicken pot pie from scratch. Rolls out the dough herself. That is a lot of work to me so I buy Anne's frozen flat pastry strips and add them to my cooked chicken. Very good! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Anne-s-Ol...24-oz/11997692
    There are different chicken recipes that have the same names. Some call chicken pot pie the chicken, potatoes, and veggies within a pie crust and baked. Then there is chicken and dumplings made with bisquick dumplings dropped over the chicken and broth. I've always known chicken pot pie with the rolled out dough. They are all very good in my opinion and I make all 3.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    My sister-in-law makes a really good chicken pot pie from scratch. Rolls out the dough herself. That is a lot of work to me so I buy Anne's frozen flat pastry strips and add them to my cooked chicken. Very good! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Anne-s-Ol...24-oz/11997692
    There are different chicken recipes that have the same names. Some call chicken pot pie the chicken, potatoes, and veggies within a pie crust and baked. Then there is chicken and dumplings made with bisquick dumplings dropped over the chicken and broth. I've always known chicken pot pie with the rolled out dough. They are all very good in my opinion and I make all 3.
    That's an interesting product. I wonder if you could just use won-ton wrappers if you can't find that? I mean they make Chinese dumplings out of them.

Lorie

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my neighbors use torn up flour tortillas. I don't recommend it.