Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default First lay out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0271.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	155073

Here's the first lay out... I already see a cluster of green. Back to shift, shift, shift. Take another picture and repeat.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First lay out

This is the fun part? No this is the tear out your hair trying to get it right part! I see lots of ways to put that together, but I agree it doesn't look quite right yet. Thank goodness for phone cameras so you can go back and see all your layouts because you know you will be changing your mind.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

good first try

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DH thought I was the only one in the Whole world who took a picture of a layout then went right away and put it up on the laptop so I could see it in a bigger format, Then I showed him how it worked by pointing out the various fabrics that weren't in the right spot., He was amazed that it was such a simple thing to do and improved the quilt layout so much.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Almost there. I just recognized the fabric collection, only because I have a number of them and waiting to decide on a pattern.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Almost there. I just recognized the fabric collection, only because I have a number of them and waiting to decide on a pattern.
    Do something with larger pieces. This really cut the butterflies up too much. It's for my niece, her mom and my BIL are separating (thanking the good Lord he finally woke up), but I hadn't made a quilt for her. She's graduated high school, got her associates degree in 1 year, and going on to her BS now. She wants to get her PhD in psychology (for certain, that will help her figure out her mom!). Mercy, tell my fingers to shut up!

Anyway, something that will take advantage of those big butterflies would really be pretty.

I bought the border print for the outer border. I'm going to see if Backside Fabrics has something for the back that's brighter. This is really dark for my taste.
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I like your work and when decide how to assemble it will be beautiful, your niece will love it, I like the colors and the gray does not make it dark because the bright colors stand out

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by URIBARRI-MAYOR View Post
    I like your work and when decide how to assemble it will be beautiful, your niece will love it, I like the colors and the gray does not make it dark because the bright colors stand out
    Thank you. My son and I were talking about it today. We both think it's going to fit Hope's personality. She's quirky and loves bold colors. The gray really does match well with the blacks and grays in the different fabrics.

I bought the border print to make the outer border with (7- 8"), I'm still debating on the inner border or no inner border. I bought purple, that's tomorrow's decision.
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou