Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Talking WiP Sept 14 - 20, 2018

Everybody seems to have had a good week. Welcome to new and returning friends!

As expected, my dental surgery stole my mojo. While on pain meds, I can read or watch TV, but about all the crafting I can manage is knitting in the simplest garter stitch - LOL.

I'm starting to heal - just need the pain killer at bedtime now. So I'm hoping to get back into the swing this coming week. I did finally finish up a block on "It was the 80s" this morning. Block 18 of 25 plus pieced sashing and fill-in.

It's a good thing there's no real deadline on this quilt (it's for me), because I've missed every planning check point I set myself on this thing. "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Sept 14 - 20, 2018

This week I started my first ever wool table runner. It is a kit and comes with all the pieces prewashed and pre cut. All I have to do is sew it together. I am really enjoying the process. The texture and dimensionality is amazing. There will be a second owl sitting on a pumpkin on the other end of the table runner. Here is what it looks like so far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4621.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	155074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4622.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	155075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4624.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	155076
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks cv quilter, SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's really cute, Denise. I have wool and lots of patterns and need to get motivated to do something with them! Thanks for posting.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very cute.
    I got some heavy black thread at Paducah on Thursday, can't wait to try it out on a wool candle matt I have started then gave up due to my poor hand blanket stitch. Now I will be able to try it on the machine.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I want to try wool appliqued embroidery too...I took the Sue Spargo Craftsy class https://www.craftsy.com/embroidery/c...-by-hand/35648

I bought the supplies to make the butterfly piece but have a dozen projects ahead of it in line! Hopefully next year I will be able to play with it.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The guild I belong to had a "flip flop" summer challenge (opposites). Guess what mine is? I so enjoyed this!

Name:	Dogs & Cats MLQ Flip Flop Summer Challenge 09.2018 (800x586).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	155132
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

10. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I sewed and finished two tops this week. Both are donations for the Victoria quilt group. One was partially sewn by the ladies, so I finished putting it together. The second one was a kit cut for our group and I was testing it for difficulty.

It went together pretty easily, although I was not fond of the fabric selections and textures. I like it but I don't think it would work well for the group as you really need to lay it out so the blocks don't get mixed up. Next Monday, my GF & I will be trained on a longarm on loan to our group. We have a backlog of 27 quilt tops to finish. I am hoping we can get these done in a month but we shall see.

Today I see my doctor for follow to the arthritis tests done last week. Happy quilting everyone.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	155133. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	155134

I've also been making a lot of freezer meals. When I'm in 'sewing/quilting' mode, I don't stop to prepare meals. I just pull out the freezer meals, pop in the oven and dinner is ready. I made 5-6 of each - lasagna, spaghetti sauce, chicken & veggies on egg noodles, rice and beef & broccoli, many packs of fresh corn niblets, vegetable soup (individual portions).

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post