Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Schnabelina Bag

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Schnabelina Bag

Does anyone have the English translation for the Schnabelina Bag? I have contacted Andrea F, the person who originally translated it, but her computer crashed and she no longer has it. I would appreciate it if someone could pm me with the translation.

I also can't find the pattern pieces. I am a mess, right?

Paula

PS
    I am a bag/purse/wallet junkie. I have really cut myself back. For a while, I would buy, buy, buy patterns. Then I would buy, buy, buy fabric. Of course that made me want to sew, sew, sew purses. I let everything go except sewing. I am much better now, but I still want that durn pattern.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Schnabelina Bag

If you Google it, there's an option to translate it to English.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

https://translate.google.com/transla...ne&prev=search

has a link to download the ebook. You would have to copy and paste in google to get translation
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the pattern that uses only one piece of fabric and has a zipper? I made one with her last year, but I don't remember getting any written directions.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Someone here speaks German for sure so it will show up.

If "schnabel" is the root, it could take on many meanings depending on the context. What I got from it is- an organizer, nursing/diaper bag, with the pattern coming off the top of your head. When I search "Schnabelina bag" images, they look like shoulder bags, which could explain "off the top of your head."

Aw heck. What do I know? I ain't talkin' American any gooder than I done 70 years ago. Don't mind me, I'm just trying to boost the post count so I get past "Rotary Pro."
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried that, Chelea. Some of the translations make no sense at all. Thanks for the suggestion!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Paula, I found it and sent it to you. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Is that the pattern that uses only one piece of fabric and has a zipper? I made one with her last year, but I don't remember getting any written directions.
    Pat, no, that one was the Geo-Bag. It's from a different designer (Pattydoo) and she doesn't have written instructions for it as far as I know but only a video tutorial. Maybe because it's a free pattern... Pattydoo often has English subtitles in her videos.