Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm under a serious Hurricane threat from Florence ...

Be careful and stay safe! But I must have missed something somewhere, I thought you were from Chicago.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't stay. It looks so dangerous and it's not worth the risk of harm to you. Prayers.
    Bec

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Judy, I hope you and your home fare well!!
    Heather

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The travel gridlock already is happening. I just read about someone vacationing on the Outer Banks. It took them all day to drive 60 miles! Thoughts & prayers for your safety. I hope you bought some ice to keep your food cold. How are you going to cook w/o power? Stay safe!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers to you. Wish you had evaluated but you have to do what is the best for you. Please let us know as soon as you can how you are doing.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here in the UK, we don't get hurricanes but have been known to get winds of up to 110 miles per hour. I can't imagine the dread you must be feeling - to stay or to go? Whatever you decide you need to consider your own wellbeing first! I pray you will be safe!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Be careful and stay safe! But I must have missed something somewhere, I thought you were from Chicago.
    I held on to the home I inherited from my parents in Chicago but retired and own a home in Jacksonville, NC. Guess you can call me a snowbird.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    The travel gridlock already is happening. I just read about someone vacationing on the Outer Banks. It took them all day to drive 60 miles! Thoughts & prayers for your safety. I hope you bought some ice to keep your food cold. How are you going to cook w/o power? Stay safe!
    I have a generator (still have to fire it up) and with a George Foreman grill, microwave, and coffee maker I should survive. But I do also have PB&J, canned tuna, canned chicken and a loaf of bread as a backup. Lucky too that the next door neighbor is also staying and they have a grill. And if the generator fires up will also have a refrigerator, TV, fan and computer (but possibly no internet.) Will only run the genny a few hours during daytime; too loud to run at night. I have a forum friend that will post if I can't.
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; September 12th, 2018 at 06:39 AM.

9. Thanks Star lover, dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Looks like it may be going a bit further south ... but even if it makes landfall 70 miles away I'll still be on the edge of the 140 mile-wide eye. Still about 24 hours to go before it hits. And hurricanes are known to wobble a bit.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    I just read that someone vacationing from Ohio, taking a picture of himself in his rental cottage on the beach....yes on the beach where you can see the ocean right there, says he's staying....... He'll rue the day he said that and I can guarantee he won't be staying in that spot of his own volition for long. Who in their right mind would stay on the ocean shore, about 100 yards on the beach during this? I hope he realizes no one will be coming to get him once he sobers up.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique