Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life happens...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Life happens...

The above comments are beautifully worded. While it's hard for a while, better to cancel than have to deal with the the aftermath of a mistake you know you're making.

I wish my BIL would learn that lesson! Bless his heart! Everyone tried to talk him out of his first marriage. He didn't work on his second (of course that SIL kind of went over board on some ideas). His third marriage, I've been begging him to find happiness for 4 years ( he finally left her, thank goodness!).

Prayers for your niece. She's a strong and wise woman. She may decide she would like that quilt to wrap her up in your love and support if you offer it to her at a later date.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a very brave person to cancel the wedding at the last minute. But she possibly saved herself from a lifetime of misery. Hope she finds happiness once things settle down.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I brought it home, so she didnt have to deal with it as a wedding gift between them. Its hers, and when the time is right... I will gift it to her again. I dont think I could use it, sell it or regift it to someone else. I told her I would keep it for her.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I brought it home, so she didnt have to deal with it as a wedding gift between them. Its hers, and when the time is right... I will gift it to her again. I dont think I could use it, sell it or regift it to someone else. I told her I would keep it for her.
    I think you found precisely the right words.

I, too, am very impressed with your niece's courage. What a brave and wise young lady.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    Perhaps let her know that the quilt was made to celebrate a new beginning, and while the original event has changed, it is still a new beginning for her because she was courageous enough to make the right decision for herself. Best wishes to her - I admire her courage in making a difficult decision.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I"m sad to see her photo here on the internet. the quilt is nice, i'm sure you can find another life for it. I wish your niece good luck.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful quilt and beautiful, very smart neice.. give her the quilt for being the intelligent girl she is for making a very smart decision rather than just going on with it to save face. God has a better plan for her!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful quilt and I love the colours you chose.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Perhaps let her know that the quilt was made to celebrate a new beginning, and while the original event has changed, it is still a new beginning for her because she was courageous enough to make the right decision for herself. Best wishes to her - I admire her courage in making a difficult decision.
    I completely agree with this sentiment. Let her know that the quilt is -hers-, and that she should keep it as a reminder of her own strength through hard times. A reminder to face the future with courage. Give her our best!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had made that decision once long ago. We had everything bought and paid for; all the invitations printed and addressed, just waiting for the time to mail them. I don't know why but I decided it wasn't right and had to let him know. It wasn't easy, but I did and was glad I stopped it.

Give your niece a big hug and kiss. She's a strong one.