Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rainy Monday morning

Good morning everyone. It's a bit of a rainy one here today. I guess we will have the chance for rain on and off for the next few days. Keeping an eye on Florence. Not so much for us up here but more for relatives down south. I think my son in Ga will be ok. He said he is keeping an eye on things and is ready to go if need be but it doesn't look like that will be necessary. He has had to evacuate a few times and has the process pretty down pat. My sis is headed to Atlanta area this morning but I don't think they will be affected either. However, my bil's place in Myrtle Beach might get hit so we are watching that for sure.

We didn't get much done at all after we returned from the birthday brunch yesterday. The only thing that got done was the grocery shopping. DH went and did that after we got home and took a quick nap. For some reason we were both very tired. I think the chilly, rainy weather had a lot to do with it. So today I will get some things done around the house but don't plan on going out anywhere. The schools are closed so I don't need to go and pick Henry up either today or tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good day. If you are in the path of Hurricane Florence, stay safe. I also see that there is another hurricane that might affect Hawaii so be careful there too.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rainy Monday morning

Good Morning ~ Well, we're not done with the hot weather yet. Our high yest. was 96 at our house. It's supposed to be in the 90's all week. At least the nights are cool. It's 56 this a.m. We've had a bit of hazy skies again the past couple days from the wildfires.

I'll be in the kitchen all morning making DH's chicken soup. I also have at least 3 loads of laundry to do today.

I've been following the news reports about Hurricane Florence. I hope everyone in the targeted areas will be ok. My DIL flies home from Holland to Wash. D.C. on Fri. I'm hoping the weather won't impact travel there.

Have a good Monday.

4. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Little overcast here in Western NC. Newspeople said that the hurricane was going to give us chance of rain all week. I guess Florence will come and hit the Carolinas Thursday. Prayers for those in the path
    Yesterday I cleaned the interior of my truck. Can't remember the last time I did that but it was nasty. My driver seat (leather) had a couple of splits in it and I've been meaning to fix them, so yesterday, I got out needle and thread and stitched up the bottom. The top could not be pulled together, so I put a piece of scrap leather (did not match) in the space and sewed it in place. Looks better than haaving the stuffing coming out.
    Feeling pretty down about that fixed machine. Makes me not want to sew knowing that it isn't the quality machine I had come to trust. I think I might get it set up today and maybe once I start sewing, I'll feel better about it.
    Shrines auction and sale is only two weeks away. I think perhaps my DD"s might come and watch their dad auctioneer. I invited them because I think it would be nice for the GC's to see grampa in action.
    The children are making plans for Christmas already. They have decided on a homemade craftsman Christmas with a Chinese style exchange. ten adults, ten children. Should be fun.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Ginny and all who follow,

I'd call the kids home school/ play room done, except for the walls. We went to Ikea yesterday and picked up two small chairs and pulled the big rocker that swiveled out. I'm not worried about the kids crashing through the window. We found some light weight curtains at JC Penny on sale. I had to order the longer length, they should be in later this week. My cousin's wife has a painting I'm thinking about purchasing for my Christmas present to me this year. I'm debating on going ahead and getting it or waiting. I'd hate for someone to buy it out from under me.

I finished up the baby quilt, it's ready for the gift bag as soon as I get it. Then comes the fun part of figuring out how to get it to the shower. I'm not sure who will be in town for the event. Jim and Morgan are going to try to be back by Friday. I'm not sure if Nana is going, or if Grammy is going. I'll have to make some calls closer to the date.

I'm going to start working on Hope's 9 patch madness today. I bought layer cakes, so I'll have to cut them into 5" squares first. Thank goodness for new rotary blades!

The sun is shining beautifully here. It will probably rain later, that seems to be the pattern now.

Prayers for those in need, for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers for those in nature's path, fire or storm, and mostly prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone....I'm doing miscellaneous chores this morning. I need to organize the laundry room better and take a few things to the garage. It's almost time to decorate for Fall, my favorite time of the year.

The Girls are napping after a brief but busy morning in the muddy yard. Westies sure love playing in mud and digging holes. Tomorrow is Dottie's day with the groomer. Dot has been a bit of a grouch for a few days. It seems her patience with the pups has been put on hold...can't blame her. They do attack and blindside her, especially Sugar. Maggie discovered yesterday that she can get up onto our bed. Dottie is mortified about it, too. That's HER bed where she sleeps with Mom and Daddy. We have a lot of jealousy around here....everyone wants to be the first and only.

It's drizzling this morning. I slept in my flannel pj's last night and got very good sleep.

I need to get off here and get busy....wishing everyone a great day.

9. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello still from PEI. We changed campgrounds but are headed back to the first one we had. We had ocean front but it was so jebus cold there. Storm expected for tomorrow and into Wednesday, so we will set up our camp to stay dry. Weather has been great for the most part. We are here until Sunday, then headed to Fredericton for a day and then travelling home with a stop in Plattsburgh for 2 days.

Wishing everyone a great day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Thank goodness the rain has let up for a while. The dogs dislike going outside when it rains. I am headed back into the Philly for an ENT appt. Georgie, our pug, goes for her laser treatment this afternoon. Guess I will carry an umbrella with me today. I would love to see the sun pop out and dry us out.

Have a great day —Beth

12. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

It's overcast and rain is supposed to start around noon. I hope it holds off awhile as this is when I load/unload to leave for Victoria quilts. I hate to get the bags wet, so I may get DH to drop me off instead. I am also bringing in 4 quilts I finished over the summer.

We had the most perfect weather weekend in a long time. Sunny and cooler temperatures. Saturday was mom's birthday, and after the GDs came over with DH's sons. So it was kids overload. Sunday was a perfect day for doing yard work. I trimmed bushes and perennials, pulled out the remainder of the vegetable garden, so I just have spices for now. I planted some mums. Snipped the geraniums. Everything looks good until the leaves start to fall. There are areas of weeds in the cracks that I missed, so I will bring out the Weed Torch later this week. My new fun toy.

I need to go to my mom's this morning to bring back laundry and deposit the money she received for her birthday. She called early this morning saying she had to look around for someone to give her pills. They give them at breakfast, so not certain if she is confused again, or they really didn't give them out. Then cut up fruits for my DD and drop off. Monday's she works from home.

Also, there are swarms of flies in our garage since last week. Some make it in the mud room when we open the door. I feel like the movie 'The Birds'. Hate them. Yesterday I opened both garage doors and chased them out with a broom. Also hung up those sticky fly traps, but not catching many. I figure they came in to get away from the cold. They will not stand a chance to make it their home. No free fly tenants. Any tips appreciated.

Have a good day everyone. Stay dry and out of Mother Nature's path. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well sounds like everyone's either busy or recovering form being busy!
    I'm both!
    We've gone from high 90's with high humidity one week to 65 and rain the next. Ah well, beats hurricanes and tornadoes and fires!

Seems like all kinds of work has caught up to me. Lots to do both inside and out and then all the family stuff. I'm tired, but plowing through.

Hope everyone is well and happy. Take care.....hugs all around, cause who doesn't need one.....or more? !!!!

16. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Lots of sunshine here today. It is so nice to be able to have the windows open for fresh air. Saturday I worked on a BOM that there were two blocks to do for this month because the quilt is a 17 block quilt. The block looked complicated but once you broke it down and I did tweak one little area of cutting a triangle, it was an easy block. Due to two being ill, I was home all weekend which the home part was nice but not the having sick ones.

Today's activities include laundry, washing bedding and gathering up supplies to cut for one of the projects that I want to do during the retreat.

Have a great day everyone

18. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post