Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Sept 7 - 13, 2018

It's rainy and cooler here in Kansas. Roused last night because I was cold and pulled up a quilt for the first time since last spring (what there was of it). I'm hoping for a nice, long autumn!

Not a lot of crafting this week due to busyness at work. I'm off for a couple of days next week for some oral surgery (ick), don't know if I'll feel like sewing while recuperating, though. Painkillers are not my friend, BTW. I get really 'woozy'.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend. Let us know what you are working on.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Sept 7 - 13, 2018

No sewing this past week except to fold new fabric purchases over the summer. Sometimes, I like to go to my sewing for inspiration. It's been a busy week with appointment and planning mom's 95th birthday.

Next Monday afternoon, I return to Victoria quilt group to sew up a new top. I am the test dummy for new patterns they want to try. I was asked to do a show & tell of the 4 quilts I FMQ in July. Our group has been loaned a long arm, a Janome 1600P on a frame. There will be two of us taking the training. We hope to quilt the 20 tops UFOs. Then Tuesday night, it's my guild's meeting. They are going to try a new format, round table & chairs. Somehow, this will be uncomfortable and crowded. We have 230 members and probably 160 will attend. We shall see.

I will work on finishing 2 FMQ quilts in progress. Just need a quiet day or two.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a 3 day girly weekend with my daughter. Had a relaxing afternoon watching a DVD and went out for dinner, then back to watch another girlie dvd while planning an applique quilt. Going to the fabric shop tomorrow to pick up the colours I need. Then just meandering around some "pretties" shops. That's what a girly weekend is all about!!

Back home on Sunday but won't get into the sewing room until Monday when I hope to get the last of the cosmetics bags finished for the fundraiser then I can get on with finishing a UFO or two!

5. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got the background pieced for my Old World Santa. There are over three hundred pieced 1.5" squares in the border. It was more challenging than I had anticipated not to have two of the same fabric touching. I kept rotating pieces and finally got a solution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4613.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	154912

I think I figured out the correct sequence to get the pieces assembled. Obviously the beard and eye brows go on after the face. Only time will tell if I got the rest correct.

On a happy note my Birthstone series quilt by MJ Kinman may get some camera time during MJ Kinmans segment on the Quilt Show. Wouldn't that be something!
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like hand sewing binding, but I just discovered I sewed all the way through to the front, so I'll need to be ripping those areas out and redoing them...so good thing I like hand sewing binding?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whew. Got all the bad parts picked out and redone. I have about 18 inches to do on the third side and all of the fourth. I can't believe I am actually getting this quilt done. It's kinda surreal.

9. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! I got all the fmq done on my Angela Walters poofy binding tool quilt. It is poofy no more, now to trim and bind, maybe today or probably tomorrow. I would like to gift it on Tuesday evening if possible.
    I am also coming along on the Smokey River quilt, all cut and some parts sewn but mostly scattered on my table. I will have to organize and move that to get the binding tool one bound.
    Pictures to follow.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4613.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	154912

On a happy note my Birthstone series quilt by MJ Kinman may get some camera time during MJ Kinmans segment on the Quilt Show. Wouldn't that be something!
    Denise, that would be exciting and incredible!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished a UFO that was started a couple of years ago. I got frustrated with it and put it away, and I wasn't crazy about it. But now that I've added the borders, I like it a lot better! Pieced the backing, made the binding, and it's ready to go off for quilting this week. Such a good feeling to finally get that one done. I have a couple of pillow cases cut out and might get those whipped up later tonight. Feels good to get back to my machine after bit of a break.

13. Thanks kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is, not my favorite. There are a couple of places where the light fabric is not place wellClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0335.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	154932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0336.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	154933 but it is almost done. Finished will be better than perfect.

15. Thanks Star lover, Kgrammiecaz, pcbatiks, cv quilter thanked for this post