Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Sept 7 - 13, 2018

Clair, that's pretty. Is this a lap quilt? It looks like you were able to use up some of your fabrics, scraps and now you have a lovely quilt.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Santa is appliqued and ready to be quilted. He will go on the UFO pile until the weather cools down. The pattern name is Crescent Moon & Stars Father Christmas by Curtis Boehringer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4617.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	154962.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love those old Victorian type Santas. I cross stitched a piece with them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, that is so pretty. You always amaze me

6. Thanks DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, Your Father Christmas is awesome. You are sew danged quick!!! Don't know how you do all you do.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I love your Father Christmas!

Hello everyone! After a very long hiatus, I just may be getting back to quilting. I did very little in 2017, perhaps a few easy quilt tops. I thought I would get back to it this year, but a series of health problems prevented that from happening up until now. I did manage to get the tops done to a set of place mats and to two small baby quilts. I also did an EPP top for a wall hanging - there was a period of time when I couldn't move my right arm at all, so using a sewing machine wasn't possible.

My sewing room is a mess, because I didn't clean up after the few UFOs that I created. So I am starting with the clean up by cutting up my project leftovers into usable pieces. I am making 5", 2.5" and 2" squares. I am also cutting 2" X 3.5" pieces for a project I came across a few years ago. I'll have to dig through my records to see how many pieces I need for that project. I am also just putting small odds and ends into a separate bag. I would like to make one of the patterns for scrap quilts that Preeti Harris makes, but in the past, I didn't save scraps in those odd shapes.

Cutting the leftovers into those small pieces is time consuming, but I get a lot of satisfaction in making a scrappy quilt with the leftovers. (I have 3 scrappy quilt tops waiting to be layered and quilted.)

Thursday, my sister and I are going to a quilt show in Oaks, PA. I have gone almost every year since I started quilting 8 years ago. I did miss last year, though. I enjoy seeing the art quilts and all the lovely FMQ on display. I also enjoy getting some bargain fat quarters fo $1 and $2 a FQ.

I am so glad this thread is still continuing, and hope to be participating more in the future.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

9. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, kimsophia, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Sylvia. I've missed having you here.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sylvia! So happy to see you posting again! We look forward to seeing your next project and hope you are doing well now. We've missed you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in June of 2013 Fabriclovr posted this "into the light" mystery quilt. I have finally gotten mine out and sandwiching it ... It is a big one and I love it. Just didn't feel up to any quilting on it with my home machine. Well I've decided to tackle it. Stitch in the ditch with some meandering stitches in the border.

Name:  ITL%20Finished.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  23.3 KBhttps://sites.google.com/site/rustys...=345&width=400

If interested in grabbing a pattern... contact susan here
    Last edited by Granny Judy; September 11th, 2018 at 09:03 PM.

13. Thanks Star lover, kimsophia, Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So happy to see you're back! I always try to tidy up after each project but I have stumbled to a halt free making loads of bags etc for fundraising. I still have 4 cosmetics bags and 4 shopping bags on my cutting table ready to sew but can't get the impetus to finish them!!

I made a Linus quilt topper last week which is ready to quilt so will get that done and then back to the bags. I have a UFO in autumn colours which I want to finish before the winter!!

Happy sewing to all!

15. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post