Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday greetings

Good morning everyone. Another hot one here today. My plan to get things finished in my sewing room before it got too hot was a success yesterday. I completed two hooded towels and started a reading pillow. I will head up there again this morning to finish the reading pillow and then I'll spend the rest of the day downstairs in the a/c before heading over to pick Henry up from school. He said he had a good day yesterday. His dad asked him if he was going to go back again today and luckily he said yes. I wondered what Joe would have done if he had said no. Since there really is no choice, I wondered why he even asked him. LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday greetings

Good Morning Ginny,

Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday. I managed to take all of those half square triangles and sew them together, one set the right way, the second set the wrong way. So, I picked out 42 sets and resewed them. I worked off and on all day. I finally got the quilt top together for a baby quilt. I'll put the first border on sometime today, then go find outer border fabric, backing and pick up some batting so I can get this quilt finished.

Today is home school day, so we'll see what happens.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ We had a thunderstorm in the night around midnight. We always can use the rain.

Today I need to run several errands. I try to do my errands on days DH doesn't have a morning medical procedure. He really doesn't like to be left alone on those days. I still need to tack the 4 corners of the Noah's Ark quilt binding & sew on the label, then get it washed ready for gifting.

I'm still missing my friend Martha. I can hardly believe she went so quickly. But, she was 87 & had numerous medical problems which she'd had for a long time. She was ready to go.

No more time now.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, I know its hard when we lose a friend. Its difficult to fill the voids and when it was sudden like that you just weren't prepared.
    Yesterday, I dug up hosta plants. Filled two industrial size garbage bags and will give them to the man who will haul the gravel for the driveway. The rainy weather has just made them go wild and they needed to be thinned. Next week another neighbor will come and maybe she can actually help me dig them up. They have such a dense root structure that getting them out of the ground is hard work.
    Anyway, my physical strength is waning . Tomorrow I will head to Clemmons NC to take the sewing machine in. I am really hoping he can fix it in one day turnaround. Its a long drive down there and I don't want to be without that machine. The spare machine just isn't as fast and easy.
    DH jacked up the floor in the kitchen yesterday. It was sagging pretty much. This old house is aging as much as we are. It looks a lot better now. The humidity (which we have never experienced like this year) is sure working on the structure. We put a dehumidifier in the house and we are pulling 10 gallons of water out each day!!
    My scalp has been itching fiercely for two weeks now. I asked the hair cutter guy and he said I was probably sweating and it was like a heat rash. He suggested a vinegar rinse. I did that this morning. I'm hoping this fixes the itch. If not, I'm going to see what there is in the pharmacy isle. Any suggestions?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    My scalp has been itching fiercely for two weeks now. I asked the hair cutter guy and he said I was probably sweating and it was like a heat rash. He suggested a vinegar rinse. I did that this morning. I'm hoping this fixes the itch. If not, I'm going to see what there is in the pharmacy isle. Any suggestions?
    My scalp gets that way during the summer. I do a cap full of Sea Breeze on my scalp before I get out of the shower. I just pour in on, work it into my scalp with my fingers and leave it in, don't rinse it out. It works great for me
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

what is sea breeze?TE=K. McEuen;1037210]My scalp gets that way during the summer. I do a cap full of Sea Breeze on my scalp before I get out of the shower. I just pour in on, work it into my scalp with my fingers and leave it in, don't rinse it out. It works great for me[/QUOTE]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

I feel like this summer has been Groundhog Dog Day do-over. Hot humid, scattered rain and thundershowers, and more heat and humidity. Today is supposed to be the worst yet for humidity. I think this is zapping my energy. I dug out some of the garden vegetable plants yesterday as they are mostly done. Then I grabbed a weed without my gloves. It was stinging nettle. Oh, the pain. I ran it under water and put a paste of baking soda and water. It's almost gone. Checking on Internet, stinging should be gone in 24 hrs.

I cooked more corn to make niblets for freezing. It is so tasty in mid-winter. I also did groceries but I am not focused, I forgot to buy coffee. I'll go out later. Today I plan to make apple pie, cabbage rolls and maybe lasagna if I don't run out of steam. No sewing today, unless I need to escape to cooler basement. I am starting to feel quilting deprivation. Soon, after my mom's party on Saturday. Then I am going to go into selfish mode, and it will be ME-time.

Joy - it's not hard to fill the void left by a friend's loss, but there will be good memories to share with your lady bug group.
    Ginny - you seem to have the balance of retirement. Don't you find that you are busier now? If not, wait, it will come.
    Katrina - you are one productive lady. I'm certain that getting your rooms organized for your liking is helping with getting it done. We have one black squirrel (skippy), but he has to play nice as we have an entire family of chipmunks (Chippy 1,2,3...) to keep us and the cats amused. We have several stone walls in the yard, which we call the super highways. They chase each other one way, then when they get to the end, they turn around and chase the other one. It's better than watching tv.

Gotta run. DH wants to go out for breakfast, as he is going to have a long day of office work at home.

Stay cool. Stay dry. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Another hot day here not much on my agenda. I will also be doing a lot of ripping of seams. I just realized I was not suppose to sew the blocks together just yet. I have to put saying on them .
    Grammaterry — have you tried Benadryl for the itching? Being outside you may be getting a lot of pollen in your hair.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all, don't have time to chat much this morning as I need to answer an email from a couple in Britain who want to donate 5 million pounds to me. Aren't I the lucky one? In my dreams, LOL!

Terry, hosta roots can get really thick and impacted I have a huge hosta plant in the backyard that would need a backhoe to dig out. This plant started from hostas I helped my grandfather plant in our garden in Brooklyn way back in the 1940's. I took some shoots to put in my garden here in Jersey in the early 1960's and have several smaller hostas here and there in the backyard, it's impossible to kill them off. I offered my sons some divided plants for their backyards but none of them are interested in keeping a memory of their "roots".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wednesdat snoopy.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	154883
    MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick pop in this morning. Today is our 37th anniversary. We will be going out for supper this evening.

It has been a beautiful trip so far. The weather has been great. Lots of sea glassing.

Sorry to hear of all the sad things that has happened. Know that I am thinking of you all at this time. No internet at the campsite but we are moving sites on Saturday and I do believe we have internet there.

Bonnie is doing well and getting stronger each day.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!