Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday greetings

Happy Anniversary, Monique. Enjoy your day and dinner and hope your trip continues to be wonderful.
    Have a good day everyone. Hope your day is filled with good things.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. My sewing room is starting to look more like an orphanage. Been playing with scraps, get an idea and try a block and hmmmmmm not what I envisioned. Try something different, still not yelling BINGO! So I am being very productive at producing orphans! Still out of work, but then again I haven't really looked for a job. Long story and for now I am enjoying some time off.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone...It's been a busy week so far. This afternoon is the funeral for our police sergeant who took his own life last week. He left behind two three children, two teenagers and one younger. Our little town has been in shock. Please pray for the family.

One of our two local banks was robbed at gunpoint yesterday. The robber is still on the loose. They got a video of the incident but the guy was totally disguised.

I had to find a new dentist. My dentist is going through a nasty divorce and had to stop practicing until everything is final. I had a broken tooth that's part of a bridge that needed immediate attention. A dentist in Rolla got me right in. I go back Friday for a procedure. JCY, does this sound familiar?

Happy Anniversary Monique & Les!!

Wishing everyone a great day!

5. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Anniversary Monique. Joy, It's hard when we lose a good friend. I am really missing my friend that I lost last month. Don't know why but today I have been wanting to pick up the phone and call her. I try to just remember the good times and realize that at least she is no longer in pain.

Yesterday I spent the morning at the car dealership getting DS's car serviced. I did a bit of sewing on a mini quilt (paper pieced), then went to the nursery for something to spray on my lawn to kill a fungus. I hope this works, before my whole yard is ruined. I really should not have let it go this long. Also had a short visit from DD and DGD. Poor little girl had her 1 yr checkup yesterday, including shots. She was finally her happy self went they left here.

This morning I decided to clean windows. It's amazing how much dirt collects in the tracks. Worked 2 hours and only got 3 windows finished. I guess I really should go and try to do a few more. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your day.

7. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We're just back from my mother-in-law's funeral, and both of us are finding it hard to concentrate. Grief does that to you. I'm blessed to have had such a sweet mother-in-law. I'll share just one story: About 20 years ago, a bad combination of medicines caused my husband a bleeding ulcer that almost killed him. My mother-in-law immediately flew up to Northern California to help me while her son was in the hospital. She stayed about two weeks, did all the shopping and cooking, and did every bit of laundry in the house. Yet, because she was so sweet and kind, I never once felt like another woman was stepping into my territory. She was one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

GrammaTerry: I developed a perpetually itchy back and eventually figured out that I was allergic to the coconut oil in my shampoo and conditioner. You might want to see if switching to a different set of ingredients help.

Monique: Happy Anniversary!

Best to everyone!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

9. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Now I really am confused. Suzyq just pm'd me and told me to try coconut oil as a rub and then shampoo, and Guitar Gramma has allergies to coconut oil. The vinegar rinse seems to have helped today although, it was so muggy outside, I didn't go outside much to sweat. I feel better today than I did last night. I was so miserable last night that I put Neosporin on my scalp before I went to bed to stop the itch.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Just a quick pop in this morning. Today is our 37th anniversary. We will be going out for supper this evening.
    Our 37th anniversary is next month! Wasn't sure a year ago if we'd make it this far, but DH has been doing remarkably well. Still needs a liver transplant but is on the list now, so we're waiting as patiently as we can. Happy anniversary!!

13. Thanks Star lover, pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have been getting waves of storms today with lightning, thunder and strong winds. The earlier one around 4pm pulled our canopy from its blocks, and it's resting for now. We moved it away from the fence to closer under the trees as it won't move from there. It may fill with water which will keep keep in p,ace. We will put it back tomorow when it's expected to be much cooler.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	154884

I did lots of cooking for freezer meals done today. I made an apple pie, and a freezer bag of prepped apple pie filling. I also made 4-3lbs and 2-2lbs containers of cabbage rolls and 5-3lbs of meat lasagna. These will be perfect on days that I want to keep sewing and don't want to stop to make dinner. We had a lasagna for supper with Caesar salad. Yum. My neighbour dropped off some beets from her garden, so I might pickled those tomorrow. Pickled beets are quick to make.

Happy anniversary Monique & Les. Enjoy your dinner tonight and the rest of your vacation on the island.

Good evening!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

15. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    My scalp has been itching fiercely for two weeks now. I asked the hair cutter guy and he said I was probably sweating and it was like a heat rash. He suggested a vinegar rinse. I did that this morning. I'm hoping this fixes the itch. If not, I'm going to see what there is in the pharmacy isle. Any suggestions?
    My scalp gets that way during the summer. I do a cap full of Sea Breeze on my scalp before I get out of the shower. I just pour in on, work it into my scalp with my fingers and leave it in, don't rinse it out. It works great for me
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

what is sea breeze?TE=K. McEuen;1037210]My scalp gets that way during the summer. I do a cap full of Sea Breeze on my scalp before I get out of the shower. I just pour in on, work it into my scalp with my fingers and leave it in, don't rinse it out. It works great for me[/QUOTE]