Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: they don't care

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy they don't care

in the time from Thanksgiving to now MSQC service has gone from top of the line to down in the toilet and the sad part is they don't seam to care

when they have a up to 30% off sale the price is not off there price and I went through all of the things and nothing was 30% off

so I am sorry to say I will not be shopping with MSQC any more

so to my way of thinking it is SHOPPER BEWARE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: they don't care

I have noticed a decline in service delivery and sales such as Daily Deals look like they are trying to clear the warehouse. I limit my orders to fabrics I haven't seen anywhere, and I need to take into account the Canada-US dollar exchange and possible duty.

Not sure what is going on. Did they have a growth spurt following their Fortune 500 award? Sometimes, success of a business can lead it downwards. The same thing seems to have happened to a Canadian company that had great service and delivery. Now people are having to wait upwards of 3 months to receive their orders.

I really do hope that M* figures out their issues as it is a wonderful quilting source. I had the pleasure to go to Hamilton, MO this summer and I can assure you that every member of staff in all the stores are trained wih customer service in mind. It would be a shame to see it dissappear, as it employs a lot of people in the area.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

3. Thanks Georgie Girl thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't noticed any problems with delivery. They offer free shipping at times and offer free shipping on reduced purchases. Other sites you always have to spend $100 or $150 or offer free shipping on 1 particular item but your other items you need to pay shipping. As far as the percentage off offers I understand why it is a sale off the manufacturers price. If you compare M* price of a particular fabric it is already discounted. To give an additional discount on their discount would result in a nice deal for us but M* does need to make some kind of profit on their sales. I think on a whole M* is fair with their prices. My recent "thing" was last week when they offered free thread with $25.00 purchase. I'm up all various times after midnight. So what do I do? Check out the daily deal of course. Well it wasn't putting the free thread in my cart. Went back to bed. Checked later and it was a glitch and it should have read $50.00. Nothing really to get upset over it was just frustrating. One thing I don't understand are the items in weekly deals or daily deals where you can buy more then one. Pick it and it says sold out or not available and this is the first day it's offered. I understand items sell out quickly. Or I guess if they will offer it later you can always put it in your Wishlist but will it be offered at the special price. Well this post got longer then I anticipated. Hope you all have a good day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Never have I experienced any of this - Have had problems, but they were resolved in a very satisfactory way. Have even called MSQC and asked about fabrics that would work together and received super advise. I have encountered problems when ordering from other companies, and then had to struggle to resolve problems. Never has this happened with MSQC.

6. Thanks Katidids, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

With an entire web of quilting sources, I don't understand what the complaint is.... We are few to choose wherever we shop! Having been to MSQC and met the family and shopped there it is clear to me that they care a lot about their customers... and always do their best... What more can a person ask... The one thing I remember Jenny saying "there is room for everyone in this business" !!!! How true it is.. We are blessed with this forum and all the wonderful FREE tutorials! Thank You MSQC....
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The % off has always been on Msrp. So do you want them to raise their everyday price so that you can save what would probably less than a dollar every once in awhile?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    With an entire web of quilting sources, I don't understand what the complaint is.... We are few to choose wherever we shop! Having been to MSQC and met the family and shopped there it is clear to me that they care a lot about their customers... and always do their best... What more can a person ask... The one thing I remember Jenny saying "there is room for everyone in this business" !!!! How true it is.. We are blessed with this forum and all the wonderful FREE tutorials! Thank You MSQC....
    Ditto. You said what I meant with less words. LOL

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have no complaints with M*. Their DDs still are a good deal when you consider having to pay the full price at a LQS or other places. If you can buy a layer cake or jelly roll for $20.-25. when the retail price runs $39., even with paying $5. shipping, that's a good deal. Same holds true for charm packs, yardage, etc. Many LQSs now are charging $11. to $13./yd. for fabric. You have to know your prices, fabrics, etc. Most of my orders have shipped the same or next day & come priority mail in 2-3 days. I consider that excellent service. True, sometimes the DD quickly sells out. But remember customers from all around the world are shopping on the web, so if an item is popular it's quickly going to sell out. If I see something I want, I order it early in the day; if I don't, I know I'll miss out.

12. Thanks Katidids, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have always been satisfied with M*, my orders have all arrived promptly and in good shape. I often take advantage of the daily deals especially when the Christmas charms and layer cakes are offered way before Christmas so I can get started on holiday sewing and the free shipping days and quilters cash are nice perks.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

14. Thanks EsGrandma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with MSQ, even when they were first revamping their system. I get things fast and on occasion even super duper fast, even when others had an occasional complaint.

Some might consider this to be un-nice but....when I see a person...new...with two posts complain that they will never use MSQ and buyer's beware I consider the source. You can't please everyone and when a person like this becomes unhinged I consider word of mouth referrals. For everyone you try to appease in a case like this (who would never be appeased no matter what MSQ did), you get two or three just like them. Oh swell...just what a good company needs.

Ok, ok the heat must be getting to me. End of rant :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique