Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: they don't care

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: they don't care

You have the right to shop wherever you choose but I feel it is unfair to discourage others from shopping at MSQC if you haven't contacted the company with your concerns and given them the opportunity to make things right.

2. Thanks Katidids, MSN, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Marty, have you tried to resolve your frustrations with them? I have always been a happy customer from day one with no real issues and I think most of us have.
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You never did say exactly what you are having trouble with. As far as the % of that has always been from the MSRP.
    From personal experience, MSQC goes above and beyond to help their customers. One example would be a layer cake that I bought was missing one 10 inch square (NOT the fault of MSQC), when I called, they quickly shipped me out fabric to replace the missing piece. While I was on the phone, I asked about the direction of a fabric print for the border. The gentleman went down to the warehouse and checked the direction of the print along with the width and repeat of the fabric, called me back and helped me to figure out exactly how much fabric I would need to do a border with mitered corners. This is just one example of the many times that MSQC employees have went above and beyond for customer service. And the employees in the store are just as fabulous to take care of the customer.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see....

I haven't checked every single item in MSQ's inventory, but on average (of the ones I did check), MSQ's starting price is a sale price of around 10% below msrp. Much better than most online sources.

Then when they put an item on sale MSQ will price it anywhere from 20% to 50% (sometimes more) below msrp.

No matter how I look at it, MSQ's prices are usually lower than anyone else for the same product. But hey, we are all free to shop wherever we want, it's not like MSQ has a monopoly on quilting fabric. I know when I find a fabric collection I want, I shop around for the best price, sometimes it's the "other guy" and some of the times it's MSQ. And sometimes for a particular quilt I end up buying the pre-cuts from one source, and the yardage from another.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I've never had a problem with MSQ, even when they were first revamping their system. I get things fast and on occasion even super duper fast, even when others had an occasional complaint.

Some might consider this to be un-nice but....when I see a person...new...with two posts complain that they will never use MSQ and buyer's beware I consider the source. You can't please everyone and when a person like this becomes unhinged I consider word of mouth referrals. For everyone you try to appease in a case like this (who would never be appeased no matter what MSQ did), you get two or three just like them. Oh swell...just what a good company needs.

Ok, ok the heat must be getting to me. End of rant :-)
    Some people like to make accounts here, just to complain.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

7. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

If no one ever complained, nothing would ever get fixed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marty, you have made exactly two posts (to date) and both are bashing MSQC. Clearly you have an ax to grind here. If you actually want to have your concerns heard and given some consideration, call MSQC's wonderful customer service and give them the opportunity to hear what you have to say and let them have their say too. Bashing in the forums is just ranting, not effecting change (if indeed any is needed).
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

10. Thanks MSN, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have had shipping issues......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

12. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Some people like to make accounts here, just to complain.
    Trying to stir the pot....

Whelp, I love M*. It's worth it to me to have my fabric sent to me. I have to ask someone to drive me to a quilt store or JoAnn's to get fabric since I can't drive any more.

For the quality and the service, I'll stick with M* for the majority of my precuts. I know they'll help you find coordinating fabrics, all it takes is a phone call or email.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, I am in the same boat, it is not always convenient to ask and wait for someone to take me to a quilt shop and I appreciate being able to order from M*-and yes, they are always great to help with fabric choices.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!