Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Warp

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Time Warp

Two years ago I stepped out of my sewing room into a tornado called life. After two years of clicking my heels I returned “home”. I opened the door to my sewing room and it was like walking into a time warp. Every tool, scrape of fabric was on the floor, my ironing board still open, my cutting mat and cutter still on my table,.everything was just where I left it two years ago. Even the projects I was working on were exactly where I left them 2 years ago. My granddaughter’s quilt was still on the frame, my Dresden flowerpot quilt still on my design wall and my beautiful 2016 Craftsy BOM quilt was in my sewing machine with a border half sewn on. The room was a mess!

I rolled up my sleeves and got to work, cleaned everything up, vacuumed, organized, cleaned and oiled my machines, organized my fabrics and started sewing. Oh, how good it felt! I sewed the borders on my 2016 BOM quilt, and am finishing up my granddaughter’s quilt and quilting my Dresden flower pot quilt so I can hang it up! I can’t begin to describe how good it feels to be sewing again, but at the same time I realize all that I’ve missed. All of Jenny’s tutorials, new fabrics, new machines, new techniques, etc. I have so much to see so much to learn re-learn and so much to read! Isn’t it wonderful!

Thank you for taking the time to read and giving me a place to learn, read and re-learn, I am so looking forward to it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44FDE46F-3FE0-4FFE-B888-4CF46D7B75E1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	154830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8FDD64C-66A1-4881-9E23-1AF59E59E448.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	154831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	024D8F06-D0A5-4E5B-BF26-D33F22B996C2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	154832  
    Happy Quilting
    Evelyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Time Warp

Welcome back! It is a great feeling to get back in the sewing room. Good thing is all Jenny's tutorials are still there for you to watch, and there will always be new fabric.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Evelyn! You were missed. There are so many great tutorials to catch up on that you will be busy for a month.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Evelyn! I understand how good it feels to get back into your sewing room. Have fun watching the tutorials.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. I hope life's tornado has calmed & you are doing okay now. Enjoy getting back into the swing of sewing & enjoying your hobby.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back.

We haven't met since I only started quilting 3 years ago, but switching from sewing to quilting has been a passion. I enjoyed reading your return to the healthy world of sewing and quilting. Your quilts are beautiful, and I am certain there is a lot more beauties that will come out of your sewing room.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing many happy hours in your sewing room!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing that you just walked out and didn't reenter the room for so long. Must have felt really weird. I hope you get back to the enjoyment you once must have had.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! I hope you'll find peace and creativity in your sewing room. There's so much to do, so many joyful new memories to make.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on re-entering your sewing room and the world of creativity! Welcome Back!! Love your quilts...the BOM is gorgeous and your granddaughter's quilt looks so pretty.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon