Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Wedding Quilt

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wedding Quilt

Hi,
    I am Darci. I have only made 5 or 6 quilts, but have sewn for a long time. My daughter is getting married in May 2019. I would love to make a quilt for her guests to sign. She and her little man love to hike and were engaged on a hiking trip in Glacier National Park. Is there a pattern in which I could use travel material with maybe a white smaller piece of material that would meander around to look like a hiking trail in which the guests could sign? Jenny, I think that would be a great video. Thanks for letting me join.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wedding Quilt

Hi Darci, and welcome to the forum!

I'm not aware of a pattern like that, but I bet you could come up with a design if you got some graph paper and just started doodling. If you wanted to use just squares, you could create the meandering trail by offsetting the squares. Alternatively, you could create the meandering trail by placing some half square triangles as connector blocks. Love your idea, and it sounds perfect for your daughter and future son-in-law!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin. I dont know of a quilt pattern like that but it sure is a cute idea. I looked on Pinterest and found something called Jack and Lulu Take a Hike, but could not tell if the fabric was old and/or out of production--which is too bad because it looked like just what you were looking for, pine trees, forest, trails etc. Good luck. I hope you find something.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My first thought was a disappearing 9 patch using the "forest fabric" in the outside corners and white in the squares that end up being cut and rectangular in shape and could represent the paths. Center square could be a solid (brown?). You would need to decide on a pattern if the fabric you choose is directional so you would know how to make the 9 patches. I picked up a fat quarter recently that had trees on it. Will look to see if the manufacturer is on the selvage.
    Donna

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Florida! A good friend of mine did something similar for her wedding by having her guests sign 6 inch squares ironed to freezer paper for stability as part of the 'guest book' at her reception. She had a cup with several colors of Sharpies for her guests to use. Later on, her mother removed the freezer paper and used the blocks in a simple pattern by sashing the blocks with fabric in the same colors as the wedding and sewing them all together.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my first thought was Jenny's Grand Adventures. It can be layed out differently if you google Misty Mountains.

My nephew proposed on Mt Washington, and this will be a perfect quilt for them one day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Ooh! I really like this pattern. I think this goes on the to-do list.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the daisy chain pattern. If you made the chains sand color and the background fabric the patterned it might work really well. If you want the quilt done in time for the wedding use the list they send invitations to and send each person/family a block. Cut it the size you want it plus seam allowance, put blue painters tape around the edges and tell them to "stay in the lines"
    Give them a deadline to have them returned to you and a SASE so there's no excuse not to do it.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE