Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Question easy angle ruler?

I don't have this ruler, I have a similar one by Fons & Porter that does the same thing so I don't want to buy it. The only difference I can see is the easy angle one has a blunted corner on one point. There is my problem.

The pattern I am cutting now calls for using that blunt point to position for an angled cut.

I think the blunted point and the angle is the same as the binding tool.

If anyone has both the binding tool and the easy angle ruler would you please check and see if they are the same?
    Thanks for your help.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: easy angle ruler?

I am not sure I understand your question. I have the Easy Angle ruler by Sharon Hultgren and one edge has a snub nose. I have a ruler called the Binding Buddy that is 2.5x30 inches. One edge is a regular square edge and the other edge has one rounded corner. Would it help if I took a picture? You might be talking about a diffetent binding tool than I have.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the binding buddy is the binding tool that M* has. I hoped to find out it the snub nose corner and the angle were the same on both rulers so I could substitute the binding tool from M* to trim my 2 1/2" strip's corner off.
    Thanks for replying.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, deleted because I was answering a question you didn't ask.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks, a friend is loaning me her easy angle ruler so I will be able to do it the correct way. I will check the angle and report back to answer future similar questions.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

They are slightly different, there is enough difference to make my patchwork off square and undersized.

Both are 45 degree angles but the cut off end is a tiny bit less on the binding tool which means the 45 is in the wrong place by a hair which would add up eventually.

7. Thanks PrettyCurious thanked for this post