Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Aug 31 - Sept 6, 2018

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was VERY busy. But I did get a bit more done on "It was the 80s". Two more blocks finished. I've discovered the main drawback to sampler quilts - you never get into a rhythm with the piecing since each block is different.

I'm heading out for a family gathering in a couple of hours - maybe just enough time to cut another block?

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Aug 31 - Sept 6, 2018

Friday I quilted the king-size 3 dudes quilt for my girlfriend. I trimmed the edges Saturday and this week I hope to attach the binding and make matching pillow shams, and toss cushions.

Other than recovering from last month's decluttering of FIL's home, that's about it.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; September 3rd, 2018 at 09:51 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the binding by hand on my fall quilt, I need to take a picture of it finished. It is folded and in a bag for show and tell at guild on Thursday so maybe I can get a picture then.
    I started fmq on a Angela Walters binding star quilt and luckily the poofyness is quilting out fairly well.
    I have also used this nice weekend to cut out a couple more projects for my retreat later this month.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been getting a good bit of sewing done lately........for a change!

My very first paper pieced project...a Christmas tree. The top is done, just trying decide how I want to quilt it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1013925.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	154824

This one is of the mug rugs that I'm making for our sewing group for Christmas. The fabric scraps are from one of the ladies in the group. She didn't want the scraps from some of her projects & I hated to see the pretty fabrics go to waste.....so they came home with me.

Name:	P1013932.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	154825

This one is a cute paper pieced bird!

Name:	P1013934.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	154826

And last is a sneak peek at the Saints quilt that I'm making for the benefit fundraiser I mentioned recently. Putting the Saints fabric that Sandy sent to good use! Sorry it's a little blurry.

Name:	P1013930.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	154827
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I recycled my favorite shirt by cutting off the long sleeves and turning it into a short sleeve shirt. The elbows were worn through and the cuffs were in tatters. I can probably get a few more years out of it this way.

Name:	100_4611.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	154844

I am getting ready to start a Father Christmas pattern from 1999. When I opened the pattern it was two pieces of hand drawn black and white pattern that simply said the finished product should look like this. No labels, no numbers, no overlays! We sure have learned a lot about pattern design in the past 19 years. I'm up for the challenge.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I recycled my favorite shirt by cutting off the long sleeves and turning it into a short sleeve shirt. The elbows were worn through and the cuffs were in tatters. I can probably get a few more years out of it this way.
    Denise, I did the same thing with one of DH's favorite shirts. Eventually, the collar wore out, and it is no longer wearable. I am keeping the shirt, though, tattered as it is. Some day, I will use the embroidered logo from the front of the shirt in a quilt block.