Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday is here

Good morning all. I slept in a bit this morning and I'm moving a bit slowly today. Sis and I had a great day yesterday. We went out for brunch and then headed back to my house and just kept cool and caught with things. We also went onto Ancestry and looked at the info we have gathered so far. We haven't been working on it recently with all that has been going on in our lives but we are back at it now. That's part of why I slept in this morning. I was up a bit late tracking down some info.

Today is going to be another hot day and then we are supposed to get a bit of relief starting later today I believe. At least I am hoping that is true. I really like summer but these last two days have gotten to me.

Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday is here

Good morning Ginny,
    It looks like Joy started an earlier thread. I guess everyone is here at same time.

DH picked up a lot of his grandmother's journal which listed a lot of the family history, so we are sharing this with other family members. This will fill in the blanks when DH starts to pull this together. We will also have a lot of stories, as we have his father's letters when he was posted on WW2 from relatives and DH's mom (so love letters). A winter project.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday is here

Good Morning!

I've been looking at baby quilt patterns, again. There was an email yesterday about a baby shower at church. Unfortunately, there was no shower date listed. You can imagine, my first thought was... oh nooooooooooooo, my sewing room, I can't even get close to the sewing machine. The second thought was, well when does this have to be ready anyway?

The curtains are rehung, the sofa boxes are ready to unpack and put together. Hopefully, today we'll be able to finish the play and homeschool room (other than the ceiling fan).
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post