Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craftsy Blueprint

Ok, I'm confused.

I got a Craftsy email and they were offering a class I found interesting. It's $40 and I'm not interested at that price.
    Then at the bottom of the email they have this:

"Join Bluprint to get Ultimate Free-Motion Feathers and thousands of other classes for only $14.99/month, or purchase this class for $14.99 — that's 63% off (just add the class to your cart to apply the discount)!"

I don't get what Bluprint is. I looked around the site but it doesn't really give details that I can see other then they give courses. Price? How long you keep them and how often you can watch them once you join? Is it permanent like when you use to purchase the courses for on line? Are you getting any of the courses monthly and pay a monthly fee, for how long? In the end are they yours like a regular purchase.

And other then that does that note above mean I get the course for $14.99 as a purchase that I keep in my online file at Craftsy?

The course I was looking at was: Ultimate Free-Motion Feathers. I don't often purchase classes but do have a few, like maybe 4 I've purchased over the years. Then they made changes and I don't know if it's just me, but I find their explanations of their "new" services vague .

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craftsy Blueprint

I'm not sure of all of the changes, except that Blueprint is what Craftsy Unlimited was. I do know that in the past when I have contacted customer service, they were very helpful. Maybe you could contact them to clarify.
    They do have some FAQ's regarding the change..
    https://www.craftsyhelp.com/hc/en-us...s/360007012751

They also have live chat
    Hope this helps some...

3. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I registered for the free trial but not sure how it works. I will be doing a live chat sometime today. After I registered for the free trial, I realized that they have my credit card info so now I am worried that they will start billing me automatically once the free trial is over. I don't want that.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely,they will bill you automatically after the free trial unless you let them know (in writing) that you no longer want this service after the trial or end date. Be sure to include your acct number and other pertinent info when you request a stop payment. There is probably a "date" you have to let them know by in order to stop the auto billing and not be billed for the first month.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I looked it up,because it confused me too and it's pretty much a name change.
    https://www.craftsyhelp.com/hc/en-us...-Bluprint-FAQs

A couple of months ago one of my banks changed their name. Kauai Comm. Fed Union to Gather. Gather? Everyone is still calling it KCFU. I don't see the point.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you purchase the class for $14.99 you will own the class forever. If you get a Bluprint subscription for $14.99 a month you can watch as much of everything as you want, and download the class materials, but you will not own anything forever. When your subscription ends you can't watch any more.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Denise. Sounds like a subscription isn't for me. I doubt I'd be watching even one a month at $14.99 I'd rather pick out what I'd like and have it available for life....particularly if I can get them on sale for a good price :-) I hope I can still get this feather one on sale when my SS check comes in on the 3rd.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Thanks Denise. Sounds like a subscription isn't for me. I doubt I'd be watching even one a month at $14.99 I'd rather pick out what I'd like and have it available for life....particularly if I can get them on sale for a good price :-) I hope I can still get this feather one on sale when my SS check comes in on the 3rd.
    Have you subscribed (free) to Angela Walters Youtube channel? She gives a lot of free classes there. Also Angela Hoffman at APQS has some nice tutorials, also free.

Angela Walters
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0p...2DSwn8Se32TnNQ

Angela Huffman
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...fman+quilting+

whirlsnswirlsquilting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5...TaeO9xulOa5PKg

Easy feathers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbpDSaCYRk
    Last edited by Vonnie; August 29th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Vonnie

10. Thanks happygram thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Go back to the email. At the very bottom in small print it will tell you when the offer expires. If the date is past the third try calling customer service and see if there is anything they can do. Their customer service used to be very nice.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stitches23 View Post
    Most likely,they will bill you automatically after the free trial unless you let them know (in writing) that you no longer want this service after the trial or end date. Be sure to include your acct number and other pertinent info when you request a stop payment. There is probably a "date" you have to let them know by in order to stop the auto billing and not be billed for the first month.
    Thanks for the info. I went back to the site yesterday, signed in and went to my profile. Found the 'Manage Subscriptions' under my profile name. Sure enough, they had me subscribed for a year using my credit card info. They had a date for when the first payment would be automatically billed. I cancelled my subscription from there. I also found a section that tells you how to remove your credit card info but it didn't work for me. I kept getting...'an error occurred, please try again'. Will try again today. I am probably paranoid, but if I can't get it removed, I am thinking of going to my bank and canceling my card.
    Last edited by sew-what2015; August 30th, 2018 at 07:53 AM.