Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judy/Mia

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Judy/Mia

Hello Everyone,

I am really awful at making a long story short, so I hope you'll forgive me for allowing it to just be long.

I joined the forum about a year ago....perhaps longer....using the name Mia. I met many great friends
    who were kind and helpful ... and didn't make me feel bad for asking so many tedious questions. I was
    truly a quilting newbie at that time.

Last August, our sixteen year old grandson was diagnosed with Mono and had minor surgery to remove
    swollen lymph nodes that weren't responding to anti-biotics. I went to Alabama to be with him for the
    surgery. The doctors assured us there was nothing to worry about, however when the pathology reports
    came back, the diagnosis changed from Mono to Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. I cannot explain how
    devastated our entire family was to learn he had cancer. There are no words! I stayed with them during
    his aggressive chemotherapy
    and 34 radiation treatments.... and the weeks of indescribable nausea. About three weeks ago, his doctor
    proclaimed him in remission and we were all praising God for the wonderful news. There have been so many
    prayers...so many miracles. God is good!

I was finally able to tear myself away....I hated to leave him, but I needed to return to my home and to my beloved
    and very supportive husband.

While I was away..... I didn't get online...didn't quilt...didn't do much except pray and try to be there for our
    daughter and her family. Now that I'm home, it seems senility has set in and I cannot remember the password
    I used to get into the forum. I wrote to MSQS and asked if they could help me retrieve it and when I didn't
    get a response, I created a new account.

Now I need to transfer my photos over here.

I really missed you all and I have lots of reading to do in order to catch up with everyone.
    HELLO and hugs to friends, old and new.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Judy/Mia

Hi Judy,

My goodness your grandson has had quite a difficult time. How wonderful that he's in remission and you can all begin to come back to life. Welcome back and yes, you've got lots of catching up to do. It'll be good for you to get busy with your sewing machine again. Sewing therapy is just what you need. Hopefully, you'll find something on here to inspire you. I'm sure MSQC will be happy to help stimulate your creative juices with all they have to offer in their shop and the Daily Deal. "Sew" happy for you, Judy.

Rebecca
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! God is good! Judy, we've missed you! I'm so glad you're home and doing well...welcome back!!
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear that your grandson had to go through all of that. It must have been heart-wrenching for everyone. Thank God, he is in remission now. I pray he will continue in good health.

Welcome back to the forum. Hope you get caught up on your reading and get some cool quilts made. Hugs.
    Bec

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So happy to hear your grandson is in remission. You and yours are in my daily prayers, Judy. It must feel good to be slipping back into your comfort zone at your sewing machine. Welcome back!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Back Judy. It's wonderful that your grandson is in remission. Prayers will be said for his complete recovery.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Aloha Judy and how wonderful that your grandson is in remission! I'm sure that both you and your DH are also happy to have you home.

Happy to meet you as I just found MSQC when we moved here in June to the islands. Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to hear from you again! So happy that your grandson is in remission - you are a super grandma to have been there for your family. Now, you can get back to some quilting therapy - you are in my prayers. Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME BACK - we certainly missed you. It is good to hear that your grandson is in remission, but sorry to hear that he had cancer. I will certainly put him in my prayers for continued good recovery.

There might be lots you missed on here, but there are always new things happening that you can jump in to.

So glad you are back.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

All of your very kind and welcoming messages brought me near to tears. Thank you all for your prayers..... please know how much they mean. I know without a doubt that God has his hand on our grandson.
    I am very glad to be home with my husband and with you .... my MSQC friends. Blessings to each of you