Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Red face WiP Aug 24 - 30, 2018

Good morning, all. Hope everyone is having a good week. I'm shocked that I actually remembered to get the post up on time this week!

I've been jogging along on the applique on the Honeybee block for "It was the 80s". It's half finished - two more corners to go. I have been doing quite a bit of cross-stitch this week, I'm working on a complicated pictorial piece and it's fun to see a section come together. On my non-quilting needlework, I time myself for 15 minutes at one go and track to 10 hours on a spreadsheet (which makes it sound like I'm a lot more organized that I truly am.) About to hit the 10 hour mark and change out for a different work in progress.

There won't be a lot of crafting time this weekend - family stuff will take over. But I do hope to get some time to stitch and knit!

We've finally had some rain, so the yard is exploding. I really need to mow. And do laundry. It's busy at work and home and all I want to do is craft. So distracted!

How are things in your world?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Aug 24 - 30, 2018

I'm adding borders, medallion style, to this digital print panel called Lakeside by Windham fabrics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4579.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	154632

Should be pieced sometime this weekend. This one is for my DH. We live on Lake Texoma and had a large black dog (deceased) like the one shown in the panel, sitting on the dock.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had wrote down who sent me these houses and trees, It was from a swap since there are names on most of the house blocks. I love how they are coming together and thank the person who sent them..... Hugs.

Name:	the house swap orphans.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	154673

these orphans came together and made a neighborhood... now to decide what border to add on each side. and suggestions would be appreciated. Each house is 11.5 x 11.5. Trees are 7 x 11.5. Right now it fits the top of a twin bed, with no over hang.. just narrow and long.

5. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

well, you could put a flower garden around the neighborhood or maybe a tree fabric. A green batik could look nice. I like the top.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We drive 45 minutes to the longarmer today to pick up my Village quilt...It will still need the binding whipstitched and a hanging sleeve attached by me. I also somehow missed echo hand quilting around several blocks, but it's easy enough to fix that since I learned the secret Susan Cleveland no-knot tying trick.

8. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	37256220_10156594544259533_2774936489719496704_n.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	154733
    We took a 2 month rv vacation, been home 2 weeks and I am trying to get caught up on quilting for others, in the evening I try to work on my Lucy Boston blocks. Busy busy

10. Thanks Claire Hallman, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All I have left to quilt is the border, might get that done tomorrow.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0325.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	154736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0327.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	154737

12. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post