• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evy
    Binding Belle
    • Aug 2011

Flower Show Collection

In trying to organize my fabric (long overdue) I came across a layer cake called Flower Show by Ann Rowan 10 Karat Crystals. (Wilmington Prints) It is absolutely gorgeous. A very large print and for the life of me I cannot remember what I bought it for. It's from MSQC and I must have seen it in a tutorial. I know it's a long shot but does anyone remember that one, or even how to search for it? The prints are too pretty to just stick back on the shelf.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Flower Show Collection

When I have those moments, I look at my account to get an idea of how long ago I bought the fabric. Then I look in the layer cake tutorials to see if anything jogs my memory. After that, I promise to write down what my plans are on the List of projects on the chalk board in the kitchen. Which sooner or later I'll forget to do, then I'll go through the same process again.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Spiff
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

I have been there. Here is a trick I use. Keep a box of gallon sized zip-lock bags in your sewing room. When I order something that I have a pattern in mind, when it arrives I put it (and any border fabric if I also bought that) into the ziplock bag with a piece of paper showing what pattern I bought it for. I found some 2 gallon bags at the Dollar Store and they work even better as the fabric fits better if you can find them.
      Debbie

Comment

• evy
        Binding Belle
        • Aug 2011

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I found a tute that will work beautifully. It's Jenny's Friendship Star Sashing Quilt. Along with the layer cake I have 2.5 yards of a coordinating fabric. I'll use that for the star part. But if anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to give advice.
        Thanks.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

I have made that pattern and it lends itself well to large prints that you don't want to cut up too small.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

My go to pattern for large prints is Warm Wishes, it looks fairly complicated but is not at all.
            Warm Wishes was first introduced in 2000 as the quilt for Project Linus Make-a-Blanket Day. Numerous Warm Wishes quilts have been distributed to children in need of comfort. Strip piecing helps the quilt go together
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Snip Snip
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2014

Did you by chance plan on using the quilt pattern that was sold in the kit? You can see it if you google the fabric name and designer. Beautiful fabric, by the way.

Comment

• Cokie
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Spiff View Post
                I have been there. Here is a trick I use. Keep a box of gallon sized zip-lock bags in your sewing room. When I order something that I have a pattern in mind, when it arrives I put it (and any border fabric if I also bought that) into the ziplock bag with a piece of paper showing what pattern I bought it for. I found some 2 gallon bags at the Dollar Store and they work even better as the fabric fits better if you can find them.
                I do the same thing!

Comment

• PrettyCurious
                  The Guild President
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Spiff View Post
                  That's what I do. Sometimes it takes me months to make up a 'kit' but as the fabric comes in, I add it to the bag until the kit is complete. Then I put it aside until it's time to do it. I am usually 3 or 4 quilts ahead of myself. Right now I am only 2, and those are almost done. Might dig out a kit soon.
                  Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

• kensington
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2012

I think the "Sashed Half Hexi" quilt would be awesome... I've seen it done somewhere... Maybe in BLOCK done with Florals and white sashing.

You might take a look and consider that quilt.

Jenny makes a beautiful Sashed Half Hexagon Quilt using Victoria Findlay Wolfe Mostly Manor 10 inch squares of precut fabric (layer cakes), yardage for sashi...

Comment

• evy
                      Binding Belle
                      • Aug 2011

Thanks everyone. I've already started the sashed friendship star. I used white for the sashing and the purple begonia yardage for the stars and border. I have it partly laid out on a bed and I think it's really going to be pretty. Appreciate the advice.

Comment

• homesteader989
                        Fabric Fanatic
                        • Aug 2018

This is a really good idea to keep everything organized. Dollar store option is even better!

Comment

Working...
                        X