Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fabric.com is super fast!!

One retailer I didn't like much, has moved up to the top of my list. Even though you have to spend $80 for free shipping, which is often my entire monthly budget, but when you want something fast . . . Fat Quarter shop. I usually get cut yardage delivered in 3 days!

Some of the smaller shops you may encounter through fab shop hopping also ship almost imediately.

2. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    equilter is fast too. Been using them a lot for yardage.
    I had heard eQuilter was fast. Well it took over 3 months, yes you heard 3 months to get my order. I was in contact with them several times, and they kept saying it was on its way. After I got it, they sent me the survey on their service. I gave them a negative grade. They still send me emails with gift certificate.

Fool me once, shame on you. You don't get a chance to fool me twice.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    Fabric .com used to be a source for me... Until they started putting a minimum order amount on it. I'm not interested in that. I don't know that they have their act more together than anyone else... it's more like they do not handle the volume that M* might.
    I have no stats but I am willing to bet they handle WAY more fabric than M*. I agree though that I do not like that you have to pay a premium to order less than a one yard cut. On the other hand if you want 3 yds or more, they discount it, and that is nice when buying backing fabrics..
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious View Post
    One retailer I didn't like much, has moved up to the top of my list. Even though you have to spend $80 for free shipping, which is often my entire monthly budget, but when you want something fast . . . Fat Quarter shop. I usually get cut yardage delivered in 3 days!

Some of the smaller shops you may encounter through fab shop hopping also ship almost imediately.
    I love FQS for this reason = huge selection and almost always same day shipping - I often get my order two days after placing it.
    Donna

6. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, PrettyCurious thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    A lot of times I can find fabric there that no one ever seems to have too.

If you all haven't checked out www.thousandsofbolts.com you should. They often have some older lines and good prices.
    thousandsofbolts is usually one of the first places I check. I agree, they have some great prices!!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

8. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    I had heard eQuilter was fast. Well it took over 3 months, yes you heard 3 months to get my order. I was in contact with them several times, and they kept saying it was on its way. After I got it, they sent me the survey on their service. I gave them a negative grade. They still send me emails with gift certificate.

Fool me once, shame on you. You don't get a chance to fool me twice.
    I have always got mine within a week.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order with Bear Creek Quilting yesterday for the first time and got an email an hour later that it had shipped. Their shipping is a little high, I thought, but I was not able to find what I wanted anywhere else.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Shabby Fabrics also has fast shipping...

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    If you all haven't checked out www.thousandsofbolts.com you should. They often have some older lines and good prices.
    I wish I had known about this a couple of weeks ago. I decided to make piping for binding a quilt and wanted to match a fabric I had used in the quilt. I used fabric.com, but had to order 2 yards minimum, which cost nearly $19. I just looked for that same fabric at thousandsofbolts.com and could have purchased one yard (which is still more than I need) for $4.99.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always reluctant to mention "competitors" on this forum, as it is after all a promotional vehicle for M*. They provide us with a really great forum, and the one I frequent most for many reasons. Mostly because there are no ads, or pop-ups. And of course, the members are the best.

That being said... Once we've all gotten set up with our quilting tools, sewing machines, gadgets and notions- where do we spend we spend the majority of our bucks? Fabric. So... any mail order source we purchase from should make certain that the fabric cutting and shipping department is the most efficient, and they should make that a priority.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

14. Thanks PrettyCurious, MSN thanked for this post