Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday and only 1 sleep left

WOOHOO!!!!!! It's Friday it's Friday. I am NOT excited okay? Well maybe I am a little over excited, hahaha.

I had a good day at work yesterday and with no major problems. My co worker did give me a pair of shoes that are brand new and too small for her, so I have a new pair of shoes for vacation.

I had a wonderful visit with Bonnie last night. She is in great spirits, and is determined to be home by middle of next week. Cyst is still draining AND the pain is only minimal now and she is up and about a little each day determined to get stronger. And no doubt she will. I know all your prayers have helped. Thank you everyone. She is now asking visitors to bring her food as the hospital food is worse than dog food, no kidding. I feel a lot better now going on vacation, knowing that she will still be here when I get back. I have her wish to bring her back some fabric, hahaha. She did mention last night that I looked as tired as I have ever looked. And yes I am tired so a vacation is just what I need.

I have a load of laundry on now and will get it hung out before I leave for work. Tonight comes the packing of the van. I work till noon tomorrow and then we are OFF!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Y'all play nice while I am away. If there is anything that you feel is important and that I should know about, please send me a private message and I will respond as quickly as I can.

I will keep you posted on Bonnie too and appreciate the prayers being offered.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday and only 1 sleep left

Good morning Monique and all that follow. One more sleep for me too and then we're off to OBX for a glorious week spending time with all the kiddies and gkiddies,......I am soooo excited

Great news on Bonnie this am Monique.....it's always a good sign when you realize how bad the hospital food is - LOL, I'll surely keep her in my prayers.

Lots to do today so I better get started.

Have a great day everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique and all.........

Whooo hooo! So happy for you Monique and your vacation! Yes, you deserve and need it. Soak it up and enjoy!
    So thankful for Bonnie's improvement and good spirits! I'll keep praying.

As for behaving.......? One never knows.

Hope you have a great time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Love and hugs.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Monique, glad you had a nice visit with Bonnie and hear that she is feeling better and her spirits are good. I am sure it will help you relax on your vacation seeing her improved. It's a nice, cool morning again this morning. I am headed up to sons' this morning. #2 son is getting his new dog later on today and I am heading up there to help greet him and welcome him to his new home. His name is Augie and he is about 10 months old. He is a rescue. Wish us luck.

Yesterday was a busy day for me in the sewing room. I finished up the order for the 4 dozen burp cloths and worked on a couple other things in there. Then I did a bit of cleaning and after all that I sat down to watch a couple of things I had recorded on the dvr. Ahhh, retirement.

Have a good weekend all. Monique and Carol, have wonderful vacation weeks.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ I'm fasting this a.m. for a lab draw, so no a.m. snack for me today. My annual physical is next week. I sure am hungry.

I worked in the flower bed for 3 hrs. yest. a.m. I had a cool, cloudy a.m. for most of the time. More weed/grass removed as well as the old perennials that were in that spot. So many grape hyacinth bulbs! I must have pitched a couple hundred. They grow babies; it's hard to get them all. Amended the soil, then planted the black-eyed susans, 2 varieties of cone flower, a phlox, & coreopsis. One the other end of the bed where I recently had worked, I added a primrose & 2 coral bells. By the time I finished, the sun had come out & it was up to 90 deg. & hot! It felt good to get that done.

After a soak in the tub & lunch, I did 3 loads of laundry & made progress in the sewing room. By last eve., I had the binding all sewn on the Bloom Bouquet quilt. I just need to tack the 4 corners & sew on a label. So glad I finished this before my friend moved away.

Our skies are supposed to be smoky again today. Smoke is funneling in from the Nev. fires. High temp. expected to be in the low 90's. It's a cool 57 this a.m.; it was a good night for sleeping. Just before bedtime last night that skunk showed up in the neighborhood. Whew! The stink! I had to close the windows & turn off the attic fan. I'll be glad when it/they hibernate for the winter.

Monique ~ Have a wonderful vacation. Our Hawaii friends -- hope you all are safe as you hunker down to ride out the hurricane.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We had a beautiful day yesterday, cool and low humidity. Today is starting the same, but not quite as cool later. Just a taste of fall, then back to summer. It is August after all!. I spent part of the day I Knoxville. I bought a new Brother machine a month ago, and had a lesson on how to operate it. I have already made a quilt top on it, but there were lots of little things and adjustments to learn. I really like the machine. It's so quiet! My Pfaff sews beautifully, but is so noisy that I can't hear anything after I use it for a while. I will sell it, I think.

I need to stop. I have to get going for the day. My lovely Ellie (the cat) knocked my glasses off the table during the night. One lens came out, so I have to get it fixed before I can do anything else. Then to PT and afterward to lunch with DH. It has been a busy week, and the weekend will be also. I have to find time to do laundry somewhere along the way! Have a good day all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Monique, such wonderful news about Bonnie. So many things to be thankful for. Have a great vacation!

Carol, the Outer Banks are such a great place to vacation! We used to go ages ago. Friends of ours worked out at the Circus Tent. I doubt that it's there any longer. I've sung in many a concert in that old place.

Not much went on here. Jonathan caught himself being cute yesterday, between the 'I'm tired's and the 'Can a child my size break the back on this chair.... with their hands?' Not just any chair, my dining room table chair. He found out Grandma would have no problem turning him over her knee and spanking him. His homework last night was to ask Daddy if Grandma was telling the truth about spanking. Mike had already whispered to him, not to push it, Grandma spanks HARD. I'm sure his Daddy has a story or two about getting spanked.

I didn't do too much in the sewing room yesterday. Mike and I carried the dresser from DH's den, the new school/ play room to see if the doors would shut on the closet. It works great. So we went to the storage building and picked up a heavy plastic bag Russell had given us. It's huge and heavy plastic for the fuel filters on the cargo ship he worked on. Then on to Lowe's to pick up paint stuff. I painted two coats of Kilz on the chest part last night and one coat of Ultra White on it so far this morning. You should have seen Mike's face when I came out in a pair of old pajamas, to paint in. Well, I'd gotten rid of my big jeans that were paint spotted! It just made sense to me.

I want to get one more coat of paint on the cabinet and then put it in the closet. I'm hoping to have the drawers finished by tonight. It will be nice to put the linens in the cedar lined drawers instead of plastic boxes.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers for those in the line of hurricanes and fires and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning...prayers and thoughts to those in need! Monique, have fun on your very much needed vacay!

I haven't gotten to sew much this week at all and Block 12 for Moda Blockheads is giving me the fits! I may have to simplify!

This morning while Halona was asleep, I went through the house and put away all the painful reminders of Oscar, her cat that was put to sleep on Wednesday. I felt it would be easier for me to do than Halona. I called the vet office this morning and his ashes are ready to be picked up. I probably won't be able to pick up Oscar's ashes until tomorrow. Halona as already decided she wants to make an urn for Oscar's ashes in pottery class during her senior year.

Today is full of scheduling.....I am attempting to wait for a HVAC/plumber to repair the furnace. I reported the issue to the landlords in March, but now it is of essence the furnace get fixed due to the owners trying to sell the home and receive a certificate of occupancy. And, my boss called from the fabric store to see if I could come in early today! IT figures.

So, busy weekend coming up with the quilt guild! Thank goodness I am not scheduled to work!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Monique, I hope you have a great, relaxing vacation. Enjoy your much needed time off.

I'm off to our sewing group today so I need to get moving.

Hope you all have a great day.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We are off to the park shortly to meet up with friends. This afternoon I think that I'm going to try to finish planning out a border for a quilt. Then work on organizing the papers my quilting and sewing binders.

Monique, so glad to hear Bonnie is doing better. Enjoy your much deserved vacation.

Hugs and Prayers for those who need them.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone