Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Sew-alongs

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sew-alongs

I'm working on my first-ever sew-along with the Moda Blockheads and having a blast. It's kind of addicting, waiting for a new block release every Wednesday...sewing it up and then impatiently waiting for next week.
    So...are you currently sewing along with an online group? Anyone doing Pat Sloan's Splendid Sampler? Any recommendations?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sew-alongs

No, but it seems like it would be a fun thing to have going on the side. We need a group doing that! LOL.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing the Moda one too but I struggle to post pictures on the group here. I did the 365 sampler a couple of years ago. It was a block every day but I fell behind the to ill health. I got it finished with the support of the Facebook group though and many of us are still in touch which makes it even more special.

4. Thanks chelea thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Moda Blockheads II is my 4th sew along this year! I have done the last two from National Quilters Circle (Pleiades quilt pattern and the Lexington Sampler) and just pieced a top from Oda May's Summer Camp by Moda.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

6. Thanks chelea thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bouse View Post
    I'm doing the Moda one too but I struggle to post pictures on the group here. I did the 365 sampler a couple of years ago. It was a block every day but I fell behind the to ill health. I got it finished with the support of the Facebook group though and many of us are still in touch which makes it even more special.
    You probably need to re-size your photos so they will upload. I use Preview on my Mac to re-size. I would love to see your blocks...do you post them to the Facebook group?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri, you're an inspiration! I considered the Summer Camp but it seemed to be moving too fast. I'd like to find another BOW, but just one block. I remember your Pleiades quilt, it was gorgeous.

9. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Moda Blockheads II is my 4th sew along this year! I have done the last two from National Quilters Circle (Pleiades quilt pattern and the Lexington Sampler) and just pieced a top from Oda May's Summer Camp by Moda.
    Where can I see this sew along?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Moda Blockhead Group here on the Forum where we post the link to the blocks every Wednesday and upload pics of our blocks. This week was block 12 out of 52. There's an excellent Facebook group called Moda Blockheads and all the blocks are posted there in Files. We'd love to have you join our group!
    Last edited by chelea; August 22nd, 2018 at 07:45 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Also here is the link to the Moda Blog with all the blocks and it has the link to all the designers' blogs.

http://blog.modafabrics.com/block-heads-2/

13. Thanks chelea thanked for this post