Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Cool WiP Aug 17-23, 2018

Geeze. I would think that putting a reminder on my calendar to put this post up every Friday would be enough? Sorry about that. I can't even claim age as I've always been like this. Lists and calendars are my friend, but only when I remember to check them.

My little mug rug was well received. I'll try to get a picture uploaded so I can share it.

I'm back to 'the 80s', finally. I'm working on the applique on the Honeybee block. One corner is just about done.

How's everybody else doing?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Aug 17-23, 2018

Still FMQ on a curved log cabin, if I went in there right now I might get it finished today.
    I also cut out an Autumn fat quarter bundle yesterday that I am itching to put together, maybe getting to that will inspire me to go get busy.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

MJ Kinman issued a challenge to create an Ametrine (an amethyst and citrine) using any of the Birthstone Series blocks. I figured what the heck. I've already got all the patterns to choose from, I already have the fabric in my stash, and I have already worked out a process on how to recolor the blocks. Seemed like I could learn something new as the Ametrine bleeds from purple to citrine which is a contrasting color. I got out my scraps of fabric to do a mock up and came up with a design using the Amethyst block and 16 colors.
    Here are the 16 colors I selected rough cut.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4564.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	154569
    Block should be completed by this weekend.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes...when I first looked at your colors, I thought that was the completed block. LOL. I admire your taking this on.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Working thru some 4x4 blocks that finish off at 9 inches. Just now getting the sashing on each block.. After a good pressing, I'll get them laid out and moved around b4 sewing them all together. Seems I can't find enough blocks of time to get anything accomplished. Oh, what a mess my sewing room has become.

But that is part of the creative process.... (that is what I was told and if true, I'm really getting creative).

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I pushed through and finished the fmq on my curved log cabin. I even have it trimmed and the binding pinned in place ready to sew onto one side. It will be totally machine done so won't take too long.
    I hope there is some sewing time in my day to get that done and off my mind. It will be a retirement gift for a dear friend on 8/29 so I have a bit of leeway.
    Then on to my Autumn project, yea!

10. Thanks cv quilter, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No better feeling than "project finished",,,especially for a gift ready on time) Good for you Claire.. GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No sewing last week as we were in travel status in Kansas.

I did find some interesting and very old rick rack and sewing tools in cleaning MIL's home.

I did get to go to Kansas Troubles Quilt store. What a surprise visit organized by DH's cousins. I was ecstatic. I got to meet Lynne Hagmeier and get a personal tour of the retreat facility. A beautiful shop filled with lovely quilts and antiques.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	154576. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	154577.

I also went to Hen Feathers in Wichita. So this week I will be folding and putting away fabrics that I purchases.

DH's grand niece who lives in Japan, also sent us some fat quarters from Japan. I will try and make something for her.

That's it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Star lover, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

If you are ever back in Kansas and get to Topeka/Lawrence, I would love to take you on a quick 'Shop Hop' of our three lovely quilting stores!

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

And while I'm thinking about it, the mug rug. This is the most complex foundation paper pieced block I've done yet. That tiny turtle tail is less than a half inch long! I know some of you gals do much more complicated things, but I'm still a novice at the paper piecing!

Name:	sea turtle mug rug.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	154578

ETA: Total size is approx 7 x 9 inches.