Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh Monday you have arrived

Well good morning friends. This will be my last week posting for a while. We leave on vacation Saturday and there is no internet at the campground so my posts will be when I can.

I FINALLY got THE quilt finished. I will deliver it today to its forever home. YIPPEE!! I will try and get a picture later. I have also taken care of my Lionettes things before I go.

So yesterday we headed to Pembroke so I could get my phone changed from Telus to Koodo. Got a sweet deal. The only thing I don't have is data, which is fine. I don't get cell phone reception here so the phone is mainly for on the road anyways. $15 month unlimited texting + 500 anytime minutes for an extra $20. They gave me an extra 100 minutes when I signed up plus a 10% discount because I used my credit card. From there it was a trip to Walmart for a few things we need for our trip. Then off on a little road trip to an Indian Reserve for cheap cigarettes (for Les) and even cheaper gas (for me) and then home again. After supper I wanted to see if my air mattress was going to fit in the van and it does. Got out the moose tent (camouflage tent) that we are taking. It will work out perfectly to store our 'stuff' in and keep it dry. While we were doing that, might as well take out the middle seat, right? And so it begins. I have a list made of things I don't want to forget but likely will forget something.

And so my work week starts and NO it is not a work/quilting place, just work hahaha.

Have a great day everyone and I WILL miss you all while I am on vacation.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oh Monday you have arrived

Good morning Monique and all.....

Ooooo, looking forward to pics of your quilt! You will be soooo missed while you're on vacation, but I'm really happy that you get some time away! Hoping all the adventure you have is planned!

We finally got some rain on Friday. I think we'll live. The Weekend was perfect! Low humidity and in the 80's. Suppose to stay there for the next week! Yippee!

Seems like I've been gone forever, instead of the Weekend. So lots to catch up on.

Hope evryeone is doing well, and have a fantastic day! Love, hugs and prayers for many!

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Carolnnc, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Can't wait to see pictures of the quilt Monique. I am sure the recipient will be thrilled to receive it.

It was a busy weekend around here. Lots of running around on Saturday morning and then yesterday we got the plants in the ground that we had bought on Saturday. After that we got a dozen jars of bread and butter pickles canned. Today I will get the laundry done and spend some time in my sewing room. First it needs to be straightened up and then I can figure out what project is next on the list.

Have a good Monday all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Carolnnc, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

This is the second time I've been on the computer this morning. The first time it froze up so I had to restart it. Don't ya' just know, all those.... your computer is out of date, we'll no longer support is ad keeps popping up after I gave DH's computer to DS#1. Oh well, I can afford to shop around for one where as he really has to put it in the budget and plan for it.

Monique, I can't wait to see the quilt you've been working on and I hope you have a great vacation.

Ginny, isn't it fun to check off projects and look forward to the next.

Yesterday afternoon, DS called and was all about starting Jonathan's school today. Well, nothing like notice! Sorry son, I have a dentist appointment today. Then we changed dinner night to Monday, since Monday will be his long day, but not this week because I'm going to the dentist today. Later last night, I thought why are we even starting this week at all, Nandy is having surgery next week and I have to keep all three kids 3 days. There won't be any home school then. I'll bring up starting after Labor Day when the 'retired' school teachers will have all of these delays taken care of.

Well I have a couple of things that need to be finished up today and they're not going to get done if I'm on here. Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort and strength. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A bit chilly this a.m. Only 54 deg. A hint of Fall in the air. Yest. I even noticed a few leaves turning yellow on some Honey Locust trees. It's nice to have the temps. a bit cooler. It was mostly in the 70's yest., but briefly made it up to 82 when we had a sun break. It was church in the a.m. In the afternoon, I made it to the sewing room for about an hour. Got the last pieced border of HSTs assembled & sewn on, then cut fabric for the outer border & sewed one long side. Then it was time for the news. I didn't do any hand watering yest. due to that torrential downpour Sat. night. I guess the hail must have been worse in other areas. Someone at church made mention of window damage.

Today I'll be making DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread.

9. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Monique your vacation sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great time. Katrina I agree with waiting to start school. I home schooled my boys & we always started after Labor Day. We had way to much going on during the summer to start any earlier. G

Well after four long tiring days of packing I now have a living room full of boxes & my sewing room furniture. The man will come tomorrow to give me a price on moving it to storage. I'm really hoping it's reasonable so I don't have to help DH haul this stuff to storage. My body can't handle hauling boxes around anymore. It's been a little overwhelming for both of us. I did well with DH & his need to keep junk. I told him to go out in the garage & put what he wanted to go into storage up by the garage door. I made it my mission to not go in the garage, make any comments or roll my eyes. I peeked this morning & everything he has by the door needs to go to the dump.

Taking it easy is the order of the day due to having some muscle spasms in my lower back. I'll finish us dealing with the odds & ends that are left. I think I'll also clean out some clothes & toss them in the car to take to the thrift shop.

11. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finally finished my string quilt from heck. It balked at every stage & I may never make another like it. I've been in my sewing room trying to clean out & purge but it's very slow going. I am so determined to get rid of unnecessary stuff. You know the things that make your brain go "what was I thinking?". Have come to the conclusion that I have too much & don't know what to do with it. You can bet it won't make as crazy as the string quilt did.

I hope.

Hope all has a great week. Stay safe, cool/dry.

Gina

13. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For some of us in the severe drought conditions, yesterday was Rain,rain, glorious rain!!! We ended up with over 3 inches, some had closer to 4 inches. However, the rain was very spotted so some hardly got any rain some received less than half an inch. On Saturday, I finished working on a couple of table runners. Sunday was a do little day as I had a horrible put you in bed migraine - I am so thankful that those don't come along very often. It has started on Saturday and had gotten progressively worse. The relief finally started on Sunday late afternoon.

I am getting excited about soon the Fall Forum Retreat is (less than 5 weeks). If anyone is interested in going, please hurry and signed up because the order will be going in soon for the shirts. Here is the link with more information https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=75070

Have a wonderful time on your camping trip Monique!!

Have a great Monday everyone

15. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ The 2nd loaf of spelt bread is out of the oven. The house smells so good of baking bread. Love that smell. DH's salads for the next 2 days are made, the eggs are boiled (I do 10 at a time), & the prunes are stewed. I think I'm momentarily caught up! It's been a busy morning. It was a nice cool morning to do the baking.

Ginny ~ I love bread & butter pickles. I used to make them many years ago. When the kids still were at home & I was not working outside the home, I did lots of canning & freezing. My shelves would be full of canned peaches, pears, cherries, applesauce, pickles, & jams. Now with just the 2 of us, & DH not eating any of those foods, no hungry teen agers, & me with diabetes, it's not worth the time & effort. I buy the canned fruit with just the juice, no sugar or sweeteners, to reduce the carbs & calories.

I'm hoping to have a good chunk of time this afternoon for sewing. Time for lunch.

17. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carolnnc View Post
    Good morning. Monique your vacation sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great time. Katrina I agree with waiting to start school. I home schooled my boys & we always started after Labor Day. We had way to much going on during the summer to start any earlier. G

Well after four long tiring days of packing I now have a living room full of boxes & my sewing room furniture. The man will come tomorrow to give me a price on moving it to storage. I'm really hoping it's reasonable so I don't have to help DH haul this stuff to storage. My body can't handle hauling boxes around anymore. It's been a little overwhelming for both of us. I did well with DH & his need to keep junk. I told him to go out in the garage & put what he wanted to go into storage up by the garage door. I made it my mission to not go in the garage, make any comments or roll my eyes. I peeked this morning & everything he has by the door needs to go to the dump.

Taking it easy is the order of the day due to having some muscle spasms in my lower back. I'll finish us dealing with the odds & ends that are left. I think I'll also clean out some clothes & toss them in the car to take to the thrift shop.
    I messaged my son, about starting after labor day. lol, his wife is freaking out about starting later than she'd planned. She's already planned the first 8 weeks. I guess it's a good thing she never got to see any of my plan books with all of the push it back arrows in it. I'm probably going to send her over the edge before all three kids get through elementary (or she'll send me over the edge).

They'll figure it out one day, but I'm going to insist on more notice about what's coming up! Nana and I were talking about it yesterday at church, she didn't know any more than I did. We had no idea they were planning to start today, all we knew it was going to be 4 days a week. 2 here and 2 at Nana's and when she has J for school, I'll have the two younger kids, and vice versa.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

19. Thanks Carolnnc, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post