Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Won!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Won!

I am still pinching myself in disbelief. My first time entering a quilt and I won first place in the hand quilting division at the Wisconsin State Fair. I was really excited and surprised. I always considered my quilts pretty average bc I always make such simple patterns. My love is not in the piecing but the quilting, so when I make a quilt I am always anxious to get on with the fun part. Well I guess I am doing something right! I was able to attend the judging too which was very interesting. The judge said my corners were perfectly mitered, my hand quilting was excellent, and I had "excellent execution." LOL I have no idea what that even means. I am OCD about squaring up each block before putting them I rows so the seams line up. Well when the judge approached my quilt with her L-shaped ruler I thought oh-oh I am gping down now. I have never squared upa finished quilt (don't know how and who would notice)but the judge said it was nice and square. Whew! Anyways it was fun to win and to go to the fair with my family and have them all see Mom's quilt hanging up with all the winners. Now you would think I would have a decent picture, but I don't. This one shows it in its 80% complete phase, before I finished the quilting and trimmed the batting and sewed on the binding. I need to get my kids over here with their smart phones and fancy cameras!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1522075382042.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	154513  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I Won!

Congrats on winning. Such great news.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 154514

Who hoo! So very happy for you! I once entered a quilt in the state fair and won first place for hand quilting too! Fantastic feeling!
    How neat too, that you were able to see the judging process. Now.....onto more! Yeah!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Our county fair dropped this category ( hand crafts) the year I wanted to enter. I was going to enter some girls dresses with applique. They kept the fruits and vegetables. How hard is it to grow a squash. Geesh. lol

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful! Looks like you deserved it too. Nice work.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!! Hand quilting is a labor of love and patience.
    Well deserved, so nice to be recognized!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very well deserved....congratulations Jocelyn!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!! It is beautiful and you received some added compliments! Anxious to see it in the other pictures also hope u put your ribbon on it when you take pictures of it.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!
    Diana Grey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jocelyn, what an achievement! Hand quilting is a dying art form, and you are one of the people keeping this lovely skill alive. Well done, and I'm glad your State Fair judges recognized your talent.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?