Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Aug 10 - 16, 2018

Throwing this up late.

I had a great vacation, though both the grandkids were under the weather. So we've postponed the dinosaur exhibit until we all feel better. It's here through the end of the year, so there's plenty of time.

Got crazy busy on Friday and was away from the computer for most of the weekend.

I did get the Ravelry swap project done and mailed. My swap partner will get it this week, so I can share pictures after that.

I'm back to 'It was the 80s' finally. Block 18 of 25 is on the cutting table. With some applique still to do on the Honeybee block.

Hope everybody had a good weekend and we will be back to the usual schedule this week.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Aug 10 - 16, 2018

So close. I need to finish the needle turn applique on the peridot block in the lower left corner. I wasn't sure whether to have the gem lean left or lean right until I knew how I was going to arrange the blocks. I will probably add another black border.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4521.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	154431
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Granny Fran, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love your black background, it makes those gems sparkle.
    I have been continuing to struggle with Angela Walter's braided star. The cutting instructions are wrong if you expect to keep any points.
    I am planning on doing two in different colorways and am very glad I didn't cut them both out at once.
    I also am continuing FMQ on a curved log cabin, it continues to get bigger and bigger while the quilted area seems to shrink.
    I am feeling a bit frustrated. LOL

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

DenisSm, I have been following these blocks, this will be one beautiful quilt!!!

8. Thanks DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Love your black background, it makes those gems sparkle.
    I have been continuing to struggle with Angela Walter's braided star. The cutting instructions are wrong if you expect to keep any points.
    I am planning on doing two in different colorways and am very glad I didn't cut them both out at once.
    I also am continuing FMQ on a curved log cabin, it continues to get bigger and bigger while the quilted area seems to shrink.
    I am feeling a bit frustrated. LOL
    Claire, have you tried sending her an email to her shop? I have not made this quilt, so have nothing to offer. I think I would try to reach out to her and tell her the issues you're having and ask for any suggestions. She is very personable. I have met her a few times. I've seen some of your quilts, and you do remarkable work, so I would think that the problem is not yours, but the pattern.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I love your quilt. It's looking amazing.

12. Thanks DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, this is a gorgeous quilt! Guess this will be a keeper just for you!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise that is absolutely amazing and if you don't enter it into a show I will personally come over and spank you!!

15. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Denise that is absolutely amazing and if you don't enter it into a show I will personally come over and spank you!!
    Well I certainly don't want to be spanked. I live way out in the country surrounded by cows and goats. The nearest town has a population of slightly over two thousand. How big a show do I have to enter to avoid a spanking? Will the local county fair be sufficient? This would be my first ever entry in a show. I worry that someone may for example throw beer on the quilt at the local county fair. Quilts are not held in high regard out here in the country.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That braided star quilt is actually Jenny's Binding tool star... She adds one row and puts the points on reverse... Jenny's is easier and faster.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post