Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Aug 10 - 16, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Well I certainly don't want to be spanked. I live way out in the country surrounded by cows and goats. The nearest town has a population of slightly over two thousand. How big a show do I have to enter to avoid a spanking? Will the local county fair be sufficient? This would be my first ever entry in a show. I worry that someone may for example throw beer on the quilt at the local county fair. Quilts are not held in high regard out here in the country.
    Well jeez that would be terrible if someone threw beer at your quilt! I didn't know you live out in the middle of nowhere, so I guess if the safety of your quilt is in jeopardy I will not come and get you! But I still think your quilt deserves a big fat blue ribbon!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Aug 10 - 16, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Love your black background, it makes those gems sparkle.
    I have been continuing to struggle with Angela Walter's braided star. The cutting instructions are wrong if you expect to keep any points.
    I am planning on doing two in different colorways and am very glad I didn't cut them both out at once.
    I also am continuing FMQ on a curved log cabin, it continues to get bigger and bigger while the quilted area seems to shrink.
    I am feeling a bit frustrated. LOL
    I managed to get this top together, it is a bit poofy in the center but most of my points matched. When I get a backing for it I will get it quilted and post a picture.
    It is constructed a bit like the braided star Jenny did up to a point. I will use Jenny's method to the other one I am doing.