• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grammaterry
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

Why can't I use my quilter cash for shipping

This has happened several times, I have placed an order, had a whole bunch of quilter cash and it won't let me use it for shipping. Is there a reason for this?
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC
  • wlrquilts
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2012

Re: Why can't I use my quilter cash for shipping

I don't think you could ever use quilters cash for shipping. I would assume it is because you earn the cash by purchasing their items/services (machine quilting) and shipping is provided by post office or UPS.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2016

Definitely been a pet peeve of mine. And it seems whenever there is a free shipping day the fabric is just not speaking to me. You can use a gift card to cover the entire purchase but NOT quilters cash. Be a nice feature if they would code the QC to work just like a gift card.

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

Mimi, on free shipping days if nothing turns me on, I look through my wishlist and can find a thing or two there (Of course that's assuming it's a time of month where I have a little bit of cash left over :-)
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2016

Last couple of free shipping deals and my really wishful things were sold out. I have been waiting on a college fabric to come back in stock for months and months. So hanging on so I can get at least get couple yards of it this time. My dad has put in an order for an over the arm chair holder for his goodies, remote, phone, pad and pencil, glasses. And he loves his university fabric. Couple years ago, as a joke, I made him a large bib (always dropping food and staining his shirts) and he fell in love with it. Now it needs to be replaced and YEP same fabric has been requested.

Comment

• TMP
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2014

I am confused. Do you mean you have more quilters cash than the total of the amount of goods and you want to apply the balance to the shipping? I wish I had that problem. Mine burns a whole in my pocket and I use it as fast as I get it. I have a grand total of 43 cents right now.
            Last edited by TMP; August 10, 2018, 10:59 AM.
            Teresa
            Pelham, Alabama
            War Eagle!!!

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2016

Exactly.. you can only apply quilters cash towards the items on the order, not the grand total of the order with shipping included. I don't want to hit my credit card for just $5. Seems to me with the fees M* pays for processing credit card orders, they would actually be losing money on $5 hits.

Comment

• K. McEuen
                Super Moderator
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2011

If you were able to use quilters cash for shipping, that would be "real" money out of M*'s pocket. A book keeping nightmare, I am sure. Gift cards were paid for in funds already, so they are different.
                K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

• Judy, USMC
                  Missouri Star
                  • May 2013

I see the difference. You get quilter's cash from purchasing real goods so sensible to me you can only use it to pay for real goods. After all, this is an in-house benefit that can't be converted to real cash.

Cash paid for Gift Cards is real money which should/can be used for goods or shipping.

Comment

• grammaterry
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2015

I guess this sort of makes sense. However, I tend to agree with Mimi that the cost of credit card fees on the $5 shipping might be an issue. I sort of feel like the quilter cash offsets the fact that most of the time I could buy it for less on another site but figuring in the quilter cash it works out to not a lot more. I had bought a kit for 5140 and got bonus points which brought the cost down to $120 making the yardage $10 a yard and $12 for the pattern. I thought the mod block dd would be fun but didn't need anything else...so it cost me the shipping.
                    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                    Terry of NC

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2013

As much as free shipping days are a wonderful sight when I can take advantage of that, I'm always thrilled when I only have to pay a flat $5 for shipping. I don't see many places that do that. I usually feel like I'm being spoiled when I shop here :-) Well maybe with the exception of Amazon prime since they ship for free and I don't know how they get away with that. After all I have to pay a fortune when I need to ship a box. And I have to give away my first born child if I want it delivered on a Sunday.
                      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X