Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hexagons

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hexagons

Why do I buy fabric that I have no idea what I'm going to do with it??

I ordered the Kaffe Fassett Spring 2018 dark hexagon package. If you had this what would you do with it? Is one pack (42 pcs) even going to be enough to make anything? I've never worked with hexies before.

Also, I have the 10" square package of Scarlet Dance, remember that one? I just thought I had to have it since it was a DD but no plans for it. Now I'm stuck with these two beautiful items just waiting for someone to guide me in the right direction. Any ideas or suggestions is always welcomed.
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hexagons

I used a pkg of hexis for a a table runner. I raw edge sewed them on. I will try to fin a pic but not sure I have the pic anymore
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

3. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Are they big? I saw a pic where a gal did a Grandmother’s Flower Garden and the blocks were as big as her head! It was so cool!
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

5. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Are they big? I saw a pic where a gal did a Grandmother’s Flower Garden and the blocks were as big as her head! It was so cool!
    No they are 4.75" hexies. Got 42 of them. Kaffe Fassett fabric is very pretty. I did the Grandmother's Flower Garden some years back and they were big hexies. Just didn't know what to do with such small ones.
    Linda

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    I used a pkg of hexis for a a table runner. I raw edge sewed them on. I will try to fin a pic but not sure I have the pic anymore
    Thank you Karen, table runner would be good. Would love to see picture of yours. I don't know what raw edge sewed on means.
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No need to put yourself on a guilt trip for buying fabric you like & when it's on sale. I don't buy as much as I used to, because I have a large stash, but I've bought plenty of fabric just because I liked it or it was a good price, even though I had no idea what project it eventually would be used for. The right quilt or project will come along for which it will be perfect.

9. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Had to laugh at myself. Not long ago, M* had an indigo layer cake for the DD. I bought it. Yesterday FQS had the same layer cake on sale. I bought another one. For sure, I'll have enough for a big queen now.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I did with my Kaffe hexagons. I cut mine from yardage with an Accuquilt and then cut triangles to match. It's a very large quilt and I have enough hexies left over to do another if I use some other color for a background. Whatever you decide, it will be a fun happy bright quilt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4917.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	154369

13. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
    This is what I did with my Kaffe hexagons. I cut mine from yardage with an Accuquilt and then cut triangles to match. It's a very large quilt and I have enough hexies left over to do another if I use some other color for a background. Whatever you decide, it will be a fun happy bright quilt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4917.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	154369
    That is beautiful what you did with the hexies. Thank you for sharing that with me. I'm thinking about using a dark plum for the triangles. Or maybe go with the black. What color did you use for the backing?
    Linda

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

The backing is one of the prints that was my favorite.....large pansies.

16. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post