Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default ricotta cheese recipes

Hi, Does anyone have a desert ricotta cheese recipe that they are willing to share? Last year I was given a sampling of baked lemon ricotta that was so nice, I thought it would be nice to find some recipes that I could follow.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ricotta cheese recipes

I use this one. Its like a cheesecake wrapped in a sugar cookie.
    https://www.shelovesbiscotti.com/lat...ta-easter-pie/

3. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. I rarely make desserts any more. But for my mom's birthday I bought pastries, and one of them was a Sicilian cannoli made with ricotta. Oh, it was sooo good. I am certain it would come up In a Google search.

I do add ricotta to my lasagna.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

5. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you will go to the Yummy Recipes section of the forum and scroll down about 3 pages you will find a recipe for ricotta pumpkin pie. I have been using the recipe for the past two years and it adds a remarkable creaminess to your pies without altering the traditional flavor. I thank Jocelyn every time I make it.

7. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Oh. I rarely make desserts any more. But for my mom's birthday I bought pastries, and one of them was a Sicilian cannoli made with ricotta. Oh, it was sooo good. I am certain it would come up In a Google search.

I do add ricotta to my lasagna.
    I do too! Along with swiss, cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan

9. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, wish I had the recipe that my mom used for a cheesecake made with cream cheese and ricotta cheese. It was super delicious. Unfortunately I didn't get the recipe, my sister thinks she gave away the cookbook with it in after mom passed. My advice to all, if it is something that you love, please get the recipes before the person is gone. After that it is too late. Treasure you moms and make time to talk to them.

11. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your recipes and sharing memories.
    I'll have to check the pumpkin ricotta recipe after the storms pass by this evening. They seem to have stalled most everything I try to do tonight. That cheesecake with ricotta and cream cheese sounds amazing. I hope your memories keep the flavor in your heart. Cannolis are my DH's favorite dessert. I have never tried to make my own, but maybe now is the time. And, I love a good lasagna filled with double the ricotta filling. I am still looking for a better sauce recipe. My mom's tomato sauce recipe was also lost, but I keep chasing the memory of it.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

This strawberry cake is very yummy
    https://theunlikelybaker.com/strawberry-ricotta-cake/

14. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quilt_gems_25 View Post
    Thank you all for your recipes and sharing memories.
    I'll have to check the pumpkin ricotta recipe after the storms pass by this evening. They seem to have stalled most everything I try to do tonight. That cheesecake with ricotta and cream cheese sounds amazing. I hope your memories keep the flavor in your heart. Cannolis are my DH's favorite dessert. I have never tried to make my own, but maybe now is the time. And, I love a good lasagna filled with double the ricotta filling. I am still looking for a better sauce recipe. My mom's tomato sauce recipe was also lost, but I keep chasing the memory of it.
    If your looking for a tomato sauce check out Lidia, an Italian chef/cook and is on PBS. You might know her son Joe Bastianich from the Food network a lot. https://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/

Lorie

16. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quilt_gems_25 View Post
    Hi, Does anyone have a desert ricotta cheese recipe that they are willing to share? Last year I was given a sampling of baked lemon ricotta that was so nice, I thought it would be nice to find some recipes that I could follow.

Hi,
    I hope my recipe will help you, try this for your favorite dessert Ricotta Cheese
    Ingredients:
    7 cups whole milk
    1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
    3 tablespoons white vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
    Place milk, cream, and vinegar in a soup pot over medium heat and bring to a boil; simmer until curds form, about 2 minutes. Stir in salt and pour mixture through a cheesecloth over a bowl. Let it sit between 5 to 15 minutes, based upon on how thick you want your ricotta to be.