Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Thursday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Thursday

Good morning everyone. Bonnie is still in hospital but doing better. I know she appreciates all the prayers that you have sent her and so do I.

Maizyn and I went shopping yesterday. For someone who didn't want to go to Value Village, she sure came out ahead. Halloween costume, wig to go with it, a horse to play with, fancy dressing up shoes (would you believe she wears a 5 in ladies), DQ and A&W. Grandma may spoil her a little, lol!!

Well today I have to work, and Les has to work so Maizyn will spend the day with my little sewing buddy next door.

I got the flea medication for the 6 animals at Jodi's house that have fleas. Uh huh 6. And that's all I have to say about that.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Thursday

Good Morning Everyone, Jeff and I are exhausted today. Jeff has to operate heavy equipment all day working with the Fire Department. I may get a little time in the sewing room. Yesterday I found the power cord and pedal to one of my FWs that had been missing for almost a year. It was tucked away among bags of polyfil. I need to make a list of where I put things. I also found the charger for one of our cameras.

I ran into a friend at the Farmers Market yesterday who told me my LAQer is no longer quilting. Back to square #1 on that dilemma. M* may get my business.

Monique, happy to hear that Bonnie is a little better. I won't stop praying for her.

Have a good day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!

So thankful Bonnie is doing better. Very happy you're able to spend time with Maizyn! What else are grandmas for? Spoil away.......they'll be grown too soon and you'll have some fantastic memories.

Oh Barb, too often I put something in a "safe" place......not to be found for a really long time.....guess it was safe..... it my, not that safe! Happy you found your cord and charger.

Well no rain yesterday, so I cut the tops off the weeds. Funny how they grow with no rain, and the grass dies.

Hope all is well in your spot of the world....love and hugs!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

nothing going on here. Humidity. Its swelling up the hardwood floors in my kitchen. DOn't know what to do about that. We put the dehumidifier in there and its taking out buckets of water but oh my. We just have never had humidity like this here in the mountains.
    DH can't fix the gas leak. Says the lines are rusted out and its not safe to drive. The other truck is in the shop. He fixed the starter on the 63 falcon and so if we have an emergency we wont be stranded.
    Sewed yesterday. I'm certain you saw my posts. Pro bably do that again today.
    Got my hair cut at dd and I hate it. Guess it will grow.

5. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all

Sitting here quietly enjoying my first cup of coffee. Looks like it will be another hot one today.

Monique, that's what Grammys are for to spoil those grandbabies when we have them, those years go by so fast so enjoy it!

Well, the stove needed parts ordered so he will return with them on Tuesday. It seems the cooling fan needs to run to cool the computer in the stove and if it's running to low the oven cannot be started. Never to old to learn something new, the appliance tech was a wealth of knowledge yesterday. When discussing the stove I told him the only thing I didn't like about it was the different self cleaning method it had. It is a steam clean feature as opposed to the high heat that burns everything off and turns it to Ash. You can imagine my surprise when he told me the new steam clean systems in the new stoves are not a self cleaning oven although they are being labeled as one. Seems appliance manufactures have had pressure on them to produce more energy efficiency products. They only true self cleaning oven has the lock in the door cause it gets so hot. If it doesn't have that it is not a self cleaning oven. Wish I would have had this info when shopping for the stove.

Today I'm going to see if I can finish my table runner and cross another project off my list before it becomes a UFO.

Wishing everyone good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

7. Thanks Monique, birdscraps, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

It seems that we had a power blip in our area. Don't know how long power was out, if at all, but still have to reset all the clocks. Hope it doesn't happen tomorrow as we fly out in the morning. My girlfiriend who is taking care of our cats will drive us to the airport. My daughter was going to drive us. However, last week, they found out that 12 of her MIL's sisters and family were visiting Canada from Haiti. They had been to Niagara Falls, Toronto and then driving to Ottawa. Half will stay at her SIL and 6 at their place from Thursday to Saturday. The mom's place can't accommodate, but she has been preparing all the meals. The families will do their own touristy thing, before driving to Montreal to see the family matriarch. Then return home. Obviously they are not the struggling families you see on TV, crossing the borders.

Yesterday I got to my sewing room for some therapy. I finished the 2 pillow shams to match the quilt I made a few years ago. It is batiks and I love the tropical colours. I also have fabric to make pillowcases. Maybe today, if I get all things done. I probably have enough extra fabric to make another quilt later. I had ordered 2 full size kits on sale for $60 from Connecting Threads years ago to make a king bed. They were very generous with the fabric.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	154272

Today, another drop off of items at my daughter and bring back laundry to my mom. Some errands and finish packing. It will be hot and humid, and very little rain expected.

Have a good day. Stay cool. Stay dry. Stay safe. Prayers for those facing life's challenges.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks birdscraps, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ A bit cool this a.m. at 60 deg. It will be 90 before the day is over. Close to 90 every day in the next few days.

We had a nice lunch at Perkins yest. Only 3 of us showed up, but we had great conversation. I guess everyone's busy. School starts next week. Some folks take vacation in Aug., etc.

My DIL's interview went well yest. a.m. Her other interview was cancelled. DS's phone interview was ok; he wished he'd answered one question differently. Hindsight is always 20/20. Both are waiting to hear back. My son was planning to get together with my gr. dau.'s fam. for supper.

I plan to do more weeding today. I've got some tenacious clover popping up in one of the flower beds. That stuff is almost impossible to dig out by the roots. Little by little, I'm making progress, but so much left to do!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all. Can't seem to get my mojo going this morning, guess more coffee is needed. I know I dreamed last night, must have worn myself out somehow in the dream for I am NOT a get up go person this morning.

On power outages, years ago someone told me to put a bowl of ice cubes in the freezer when you are going to be away, and if the cubes change in shape (melt and refreeze) then the power has been off long enough for your food to possibly thaw and refreeze too. Not sure if this works or not, but I do it anyway.

Had a battle with ants yesterday, those little creatures drive me nuts. Kitchen and sewing room, on the bright side I did find things I forgot I had, both in sewing room and in the pantry. And both rooms are very clean now! Guess today I shall battle the dust bunnies.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Forced myself out of bed this morning for a walk. Did 1.2 miles, I guess that's better th a normal none. Finished the hanging sleeve on quilt for my BFF yesterday, and worked on a baby quilt that needs to be finished this weekend (actually to gift on Wed, but busy with GD next week). Meeting a friend for lunch today. Other than that just plugging through my errands.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, birdscraps thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Monique, it's good to hear that Bonnie is feeling better. She and Melinda are at the top of my prayer list. Last night, Tammy (Chris's sister) posted that her MIL is living with them, hospice has been called in because she and Jake can't meet her current needs. She'll be transferred to the Hospice House today. It seems like the prayer list has been fertilized. It sure is growing.

Yesterday was pretty busy. When I emptied Howard's desk, I did one round of purging. I went through the box again when I was putting stuff back. So that second round of purging cleaned out some more. The funny thing was Howard had one of those old magnifying sheets. Not looking at it closely, I just threw it in the box to keep. I looked more closely, and boy it didn't take long for it to go into the donate pile. That thing made me so swimmy headed looking through it! I kept two hand held magnifiers. I'll stick one in my sewing desk. At least some of the extra boxes that were put in my sewing room are going out! I actually got the fabric out for Hope's quilt, I'll have to take it with me when I take Kaylyn's quilt to the Palm Tree Longarm Quilting tomorrow. I'll go into Cinnamons to find some contrasting solids to go with it.

Mike and I went to Ikea. I wanted to find a little wooden folding chair to sit beside the desk. I didn't find anything that I liked, except the deserts at lunch! I probably shouldn't have, knowing that the ice cream truck was going to be at church last night.

Last night was the last of the summer series at church. The taco bar was wonderful! DS1 taught on Issac Watts. He did a really good job. Then the Ice Cream Truck was on hand for the finale. Next Wednesday, they're doing an ol' time singin' featuring songs from all three hymn writers, and one song that Jim wrote. They introduced it last night. It's going to take a while for people to get the hang of it.

Prayers for those in need. May their individual needs be met. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou