Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Angela Walters new pattern?

I have used their cutting instructions but advise others not to.
    I didn't think about the size of the points on the star section when I first cut them. You can't cut a 8 1/2 sq on the diagonal then use the 4 triangles to go around a 8 1/2" square. You lose the points every time. I ended up recutting the triangles larger and then trimming the results to the right size for the center. I had to re-cut the triangles for the other two center sections.

Not happy with these directions. They might be OK for a more experienced quilter but not for me.

2. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Angela Walters new pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    I have used their cutting instructions but advise others not to.
    I didn't think about the size of the points on the star section when I first cut them. You can't cut a 8 1/2 sq on the diagonal then use the 4 triangles to go around a 8 1/2" square. You lose the points every time. I ended up recutting the triangles larger and then trimming the results to the right size for the center. I had to re-cut the triangles for the other two center sections.

Not happy with these directions. They might be OK for a more experienced quilter but not for me.
    Thanks for posting about this , because it was one I wanted to do , but don't think I will try it