Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Aug 3 - 9, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I have been working on a quilt that I swear is gonna kill me. I have started over four different times. It is blue and purple batiks and I had to buy every bit, since I had none in my stash and these are the colors my niece wants. She has a queen size bed and I am a hand quilter! I keep running out of fabric, then ordering more..have gotten several pieces in yardage that when arrived showed turqoise prominently in the print, and I will not use that color, I hate it so much it seems to ruin every block I put it in, then I have to rip it out and substitute it with something else. I have 49 blocks (6 inch) done and 200+ to go. This quilt is costing me a fortune. I can't afford to make any more color mistakes! I also discovered the importance of keeping a runnung list of what was ordered where in case I need to reorder something I already have and the colir is perfect, and blends with all the rest.
    I feel your pain. This was me a year ago with my DD's Double wedding Ring quilt. Colors I don't normally like, sewing on the bias and queen-size! Good luck, I know you will be so relieved when it is finally done.
    Gaye

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I finished moving things around in my sewing room yesterday to accommodate the new book case hubby will pick up for me today from my office. The top portion is shelves and the bottom portion as a cupboard with shelving and solid doors. I'm hoping to be better organized with my projects. Found some gems when I was cleaning yesterday.
    Currently am working on Disappearing Pinwheel #5. I have all of pinwheels pieced and ready to feed through the machine. A friend has asked me to make her a quilt with bees as the theme. Need to get her some designs this week.
    Happy Quilting all!
    Gaye

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the third hexagon of a Halloween crazy quilt. I've got some beautiful scraps of velvet and silk sari scraps from India, plus dark jewel-tone batiks from a jelly roll I bought years ago...I don't think I have enough fabrics for anything big but a small wall hanging is enough for now. I can always add more hexagons another year.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the paper piecing part of my wall hanging…..now sewing on borders. Hope to take pictures soon. My camera is acting weird.

Denise, the diamond block looks great! The colors worked perfectly!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise your quilt will be a vision and you are almost done. I can't wait to see all the blocks put together! You are amazing!!!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the second quilt for my friend Monday morning... started a sewing project for myself Monday night. Yesterday was my first day at my new job, so summer is officially over. I’m hoping to finish up that shirt tonight, time will tell. My brother is doing poorly and that is draining on my mind too.

Best get stitchin’ ... oh, i mean I’d better leave for work!

11. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been assembling hexagonal crazy quilt blocks and embellishing them with trim, buttons, charms, embroidery...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030381.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	154370

13. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post