Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Happy Wednesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Wednesday

Good Morning everyone. It's an overcast morning here and pretty humid today. Looks like it rained earlier but I was sleeping in so didn't notice it. Yesterday was a wonderful day with my three boys and I got to see 5 Deer!!! while I was up there. One of them was a teeny little baby grazing in a field and on a walk with my son and his dog, we surprised a mama deer and her young one. We were so close before we even saw her! But when she saw us, she and her baby took off. She was really big.... and fast. It was awesome to be so close to her.

Not sure what today will hold. I have one more day with Tim. But sadly he told me that he and his long time gf Mandy are no longer together. The family all really like her so we are sad. There was no big blow out or anything. Just kind of a mutual decision between them. They were both here last month when everyone was together and I didn't notice anything weird but then again, there was so much going on that unless it was some major big thing, I probably wouldn't have.

Well, I hear Tim up so I'll go see what he might want for breakfast. Have a good everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Wednesday

Good morning! It is overcast and humid here in Atlanta too. I feel bad for the kids because they are in a camp at a Nature Center this week and the weather is icky. I'd keep them home, but I have to go to meetings at my new school today so they are stuck with it. The next two days will be optional though, I think. However, the structure and routine of bedtime and getting up in the morning has served us all well this week!

Today will hold meetings and leftovers for dinner, as I cooked well the past two nights. I'm still doing odds and ends organizational projects post-move and household re-combination, but I'm getting close. The dreaded kitchen is the last major project. Just going to turn a blind eye to the bedrooms that were supposed to be painted this summer... Tomorrow I'm going to do a deep clean of my bathroom then moving forward we'll be in maintenance mode on all of it. Oh how exciting domestic life is, I'm sure you're all enjoying reading all about it! LOL!!

School uniforms are out on the delivery truck, I'm hoping what I ordered fits, because the embroidered items can't be returned and there isn't time left, the kids start on the 15th!

Oh- our big excitement today is that we got a small aquarium and two goldfish last night. The salesman promptly told us we would need a bigger aquarium, and we told him that will work when we get a bigger house. Then he agreed that they would be fine as is until they are at least several inches larger, and that's fine too. DH and I both would be fine with a larger set up but we just weren't there tonight, and this little desktop one can go to a solitary fish if/when we upgrade the others. Anyway my kids picked out goldfish that are silver and yellow. Ha! That made me laugh.... names are still up for debate

4. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    Oh- our big excitement today is that we got a small aquarium and two goldfish last night. The salesman promptly told us we would need a bigger aquarium, and we told him that will work when we get a bigger house. Then he agreed that they would be fine as is until they are at least several inches larger, and that's fine too. DH and I both would be fine with a larger set up but we just weren't there tonight, and this little desktop one can go to a solitary fish if/when we upgrade the others. Anyway my kids picked out goldfish that are silver and yellow. Ha! That made me laugh.... names are still up for debate
    DH was the fish guru here. Now all the tanks are out of the house! Anyway, figure 1 gallon a fish. Goldfish are fairly dirty and their water will need to be changed more often than other fresh water fish. Fish are great fun... when someone else does the work.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Carolnnc, toggpine thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Visiting grandkids til. Ext week! Trying to keep them busy without completely emptying my pocketbook! I think we'all hit the zoo and science center today, which are free!
    Love the story of the goldfish! I bought some for an outdoor pond ( mid 1990s), and they procreated! Took some of the progeny with me to my new school, we lost quite a few, then the tank came to my house with several fish in it. They were growing into some large and beautiful specimens, then I had to move again.(2006) Down to two big guys, approximately 5" long. We had a 4 day power outage that summer, and one of the big guys didn't make it, down to one. He lived indoors until I built another pond in the new house, so he went outside with a bunch of new frisky fish. He made it another whole year out there, he was about 12 years old when he went to fish heaven! So, while many goldfish succumb quickly, you may be in it for quite a while with some of them! Enjoy your new pets!

Have a great day!

8. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ! I had to get up early, well early for me to get DG ready for her DD to pick her up . Today the kids get their locker and schedules , that is big stuff for a new middle school kid. She suddenly had a stomach ache and didn't want to go. She will be fine. Can you believe they go back to school full time next Wednesday.

Yesterday was a bad day. Kids wanted a shaved ice and we went in the pouring rain. First we went to CVS and Kaylee kept saying grandmommy I cant find my phone. We met SL at the shaved ice place and he took GS, as we are waiting to pull out on to the road an elderly man turns too sharp and scraps my car. GRR While we are waiting for the police CVS calls and has Kaylee's phone she had dropped it in the parking lot and a car has ran over it. A really nice person turned it in! I wish I could thank this person.

Sandy, is acting odd. She comes to my sewing room door and barks and growls and barks. She doesn't need to go out, she doesn't need food or water, she isn't in pain. Its really annoying. She is making this a habit.

Oh! Grands are gone, the dog is asleep getting second cup of coffee and I'm going to sew!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Teresa

10. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    DH was the fish guru here. Now all the tanks are out of the house! Anyway, figure 1 gallon a fish. Goldfish are fairly dirty and their water will need to be changed more often than other fresh water fish. Fish are great fun... when someone else does the work.
    we got a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter, we will need to replace about 25% of the water weekly, but the filter should help too. I actually don't find them great fun, but the kids do, and I'm happy to give them something that is easy to take care of.

I desperately want a puppy, but not until we are more comfortably settled in and I have time to do the hard core training and housebreaking. That will need to be the spring at the earliest because I want to be mostly home for the puppy, and being a teacher summer will be best for those early days ... don't tell the kids how much I want a puppy, they'll break me down faster!!

12. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Hi! Visiting grandkids til. Ext week!
    The grandkids in Atlanta?? ;-) or elsewhere??

I hope the fish make it awhile, the pet store gave us enough water from the tank they were in to set them up with 80% of the tank familiar water, which I guess is good for them... don't know much about it, it was a spontaneous purchase, but I will definitely learn more about it all soon! How cool that yours lasted for so long, we had promised the kids fish when we moved home, they went without pets for a long time when we lived overseas.

14. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    The grandkids in Atlanta?? ;-) or elsewhere??

I hope the fish make it awhile, the pet store gave us enough water from the tank they were in to set them up with 80% of the tank familiar water, which I guess is good for them... don't know much about it, it was a spontaneous purchase, but I will definitely learn more about it all soon! How cool that yours lasted for so long, we had promised the kids fish when we moved home, they went without pets for a long time when we lived overseas.
    These grandkids are from upper upper NY on the St. Lawrence River. My daughter in Atlanta doesn't have kids living with her ( step grandson lives in STL with 3 kids of his own). I'll e in Atlanta during Thanksgiving week, if you aren't busy, maybe we can get together!

16. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post