Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First Retirement Monday!

GINNY Doesn't it feel good to be free to do or not to do whatever you want? Enjoy the rest of your first retirement week and your son Tim's visit. Reminds me that my son Tim hasn't visited in awhile. He's in CA but that's not a problem as his DW works for an airline and he can fly free whenever he wants.

Day is going a bit slow but at least I got the rest of my summer clothes out of storage. Another cup of coffee should give me a bit more energy, want to join me?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORNING COFFEE.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	154123
    MissMay AKA May in Jersey

2. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy give your sister a big hug from me. I know what chemo is all about & it does a number on your entire body, Maybe the headache is related to that. Prayers for the doctors to finally get an answer for her.

Gina

4. Thanks toggpine, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulation on day one of your retirement Ginny. Prayers for Megan & Cathy's sister. Here's hoping Monique & Suzanne's trips are going well.
    Terry, I went thru a phase of what do I do now at about year one (on year three now). I know you'll figure out the answer soon. For me it was relaxing on the deck every morning, meeting a friend for lunch once a week & taking some classes. I haven't been quilting as much as I would like but that come from purging & painting the house to get it ready for sell. After cooking meals for 48 years I have really cut back on that duty!!!

Joy, we have one very large flat screen that has terrible sound. The 36" flat screen has excellent sound & I only turn it up a little. I would test it in the store before I took it home. My baby sister who's 12 years younger was over to watch Downton Abbey with me.
    She gave me a puzzled look & asked why there were words on the screen. I explained close captioned then explained I got tired of DH constantly saying, "Uh, what, what did they say?".

I know the day is half gone but hope everyone is having a good one.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! Gosh, is it really July 30?? Kids are back in school in our public system already this week?!

I have my 2 littles (who are not so little anymore) in camp this week at a nature center, and then next week I start my new job. As they will be going to school where I am working, they will come with me next week and be in camp with all the other children of faculty all week. I think it will help them to have some familiar faces once school starts the following week.

I wanted to say congrats to Ginny on her retirement. I'm sorry that my usually summer mojo of drinking coffee on the patio and catching up with you girls is just not how it's worked out this year. I'm beginning to wonder what new routines we'll settle into now that we are back in the USA.... it's still surreal and overwhelming.

7. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Ginny on your retirement, enjoy!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards