Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Sashing on QAYG

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sashing on QAYG

So this is my first attempt at FMQ on a paid customer and a first as a QAYG quilt. Since I did the FMQ it made my blocks uneven now not all a perfect 20x20. My question is can I add sashing even though I've already added the batting because won't it look funny with no batting behind the sashing or is there another way? I cant even them up because the hearts are to close to the edge i didn't t realize this was going to happen to these blocks. Mahalo sorry not sure why it's upside down lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1532222615172350360592.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	153914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15322255856061995409683.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	153916  
    Last edited by AlohaSandy; July 21st, 2018 at 11:13 PM.
    Hawaiigrammi

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sashing on QAYG

I went to a workshop last year where the speaker was Christine Connor of Amelie Scott Designs...she was touting her new "build a quilt" method. It is essentially QAYG, with a narrow sashing strip connecting the blocks. She used two sashing pieces, one attached to the front the other to the back -- with no batting in-between. She gives a quick overview about 2 minutes into her YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Kfa6J1ITo.

3. Thanks Granny Fran thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sashing on QAYG

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    I went to a workshop last year where the speaker was Christine Connor of Amelie Scott Designs...she was touting her new "build a quilt" method. It is essentially QAYG, with a narrow sashing strip connecting the blocks. She used two sashing pieces, one attached to the front the other to the back -- with no batting in-between. She gives a quick overview about 2 minutes into her YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Kfa6J1ITo.
    Thank you I'll definitely check out
    Hawaiigrammi