Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I am in love....

I LOVE my Stripology ruler! It's super simple to use and gives me perfect strips every time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, love mine too!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading a Missouri * post yesterday that led me to a search for something which led me to another website. You all know how that goes! Well, I finally got to a website that had lots of patterns that appealed to me so I spent time checking them out and bookmarking some of them. Many of them used the stripology ruler. I was tempted to order it but didn't. Now, I think I may order it today.

https://gequiltdesigns.com/collections/patterns
    https://gequiltdesigns.com/search?ty...ripology+ruler

I have to order online as I live in the boondocks.
    Is the price shown there, a reasonable price for the rulers? Are there other brands that would be better b/c they have different markings?
    Thanks for any help/info.
    Would you order the square or the rectangle one? Which one do you have?
    Last edited by sew-what2015; July 19th, 2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: to add questions

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sew-what2015 View Post
    I was reading a Missouri * post yesterday that led me to a search for something which led me to another website. You all know how that goes! Well, I finally got to a website that had lots of patterns that appealed to me so I spent time checking them out and bookmarking some of them. Many of them used the stripology ruler. I was tempted to order it but didn't. Now, I think I may order it today.

https://gequiltdesigns.com/collections/patterns
    https://gequiltdesigns.com/search?ty...ripology+ruler

I have to order online as I live in the boondocks.
    Is the price shown there, a reasonable price for the rulers? Are there other brands that would be better b/c they have different markings?
    Thanks for any help/info.
    Would you order the square or the rectangle one? Which one do you have?
    The Stripology ruler sells for $50-$55 depending on where you buy. I prefer Creative Grids for my other rulers. They are a little pricey but when you consider the quality and how long we use our rulers they are a good value.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am the lucky quilter that Joy sent hers to and I do like it. I don't use it for everything, but when I do I realize how much more accurate my cuts are. The part I wish was that I could put larger pieces into it more easily.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Stripology ruler. I don't use it. The few times I've used it I line it on my fabric wrong. Takes me extra time to figure it out. I can cut strips faster just with my regular ruler and rotary cutter. I do have two Strpology books so I really should pull them out and try the ruler again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    I have the Stripology ruler. I don't use it. The few times I've used it I line it on my fabric wrong. Takes me extra time to figure it out. I can cut strips faster just with my regular ruler and rotary cutter. I do have two Strpology books so I really should pull them out and try the ruler again.
    I don't have one but if I did spend that much money on a ruler I would force myself to figure out out! I do it the old fashioned way too, with my 6x24 ruler.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the June Taylor one I have. It is the largest version and will cut 1/2" increments up to 18". It will also cut a full width of fabric folded in half then into slightly less than 4ths. This way you can line up the folds easily and get cuts without bows at the fold. I use it daily with almost every project.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Claire and Barb. I will check out CG and JT sites.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the June Taylor one and the Stripology one. I like the Stripology one so much better as it is sturdier. The only thing I wish is that they made it deeper in size, if that makes sense. The width of the ruler is fine but double folding a normal 42-44" wide fabric for cutting is tight. A few more inches would be perfect. I haven't checked them in a while so maybe they have made them different sizes now.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina