Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quilting Funk

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilting Funk

Kim,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I think you know in your heart that it will take time to heal, so be kind to yourself and don't rush through the grieving process. You've received great advice and when the time is right, you will get your mojo back. Your forum friends are here for you.

Suzanne

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How sad, Kim! You must take time for yourself to grieve and take care of things as you adjust to this " new normal" of how life will go forward. What gave you solace in the past may not be what gives you comfort and escape in the present and future. I agree with the advice to take on small easily finished projects before you tackle big ones. Your focus will be on completing something that can be done quickly, and not overwhelm you while you have so much else on your mind! Maybe a quilt as you go Project, or string quilt that you can work on when you feel up to it. My prayers are with you, widowhood is no picnic, I can speak from experience on that subject.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; July 14th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

3. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quilting has seen me through lots of bad times so if you can just get back to it it may help you too. Start by setting a timer for maybe only 15 minutes to be there. That might mean only setting things up and threading your machine, getting organized. In a day or two set that timer for 5 or 10 additional minutes. You will regain your interest a little more every time.

5. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very sorry for your loss.

7. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Kim

I am so very sorry to hear the news of your husband's passing. I do not know what you're going thru but can only say this...not one person that you're making a quilt/gift for will be "mad or upset" that the gift will be late. The ideas mentioned are good ones. Don't stress about those things right now. I have a cousin that lost her husband of 50+ years. Part of her grieving process was to write a letter to her husband telling him how much she loved him, what she4'll miss about him...things like that. I wrote a letter like that to my Mom when I lost her...it made me feel a little better.

Just take your time to grieve however long it is. When you get back to your quilting room, maybe take your husband's picture in there. He'll always be with you in your heart.

We are your friends & are concerned for you & will be here when you need a shoulder to lean on.

Praying for strength to see you thru your grief.

Gina

9. Thanks grammakim04, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss. Such a big change in your life.
    Prayers for you. When the time is right you will find joy in quilting again.

11. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Kim, I am so sorry for your loss, as are all of us here on the Forum. I understand it must be difficult to find the desire to get back in to your quilting room. It must be very hard to get over the loss of your love of 34 years. That's a long time. I just pray for you and hope that you will soon feel like getting back into quilting. As you know, it is a wonderful, gratifying, and soothing hobby/pastime, and it can still bring you hours of pleasure and peace. We are all with you in spirit and sisterhood.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

13. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Kim, I am very sad for your loss. I have not experienced such a lost, but agree with others that have, that you need to give yourself time. After my divorce, it took me quite a while to get into my sewing (wasn't quilting back then), and I would think a death of your beloved spouse is harder than a divorce. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. As for the gift, you have received some good suggestions, but don't pressure yourself.

15. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. I will pray for you to find comfort in the days ahead!!!

17. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. I find myself projecting everytime one of us looses a loved one and wondering how in the world you cope and could I do as good a job of it as you are doing. Katrina has been so strong thru her loss and Judy as well. Listen to their advice. They ve been thru it and we will all do our best to encourage you if you want to come talk to us.

19. Thanks grammakim04 thanked for this post