Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada's capital
    Posts
    1,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    I'm finalizing my itinerary for my KS-MO trip, and plan to stay 1-2 nights in Cameron, MO. I understand this is the closest accommodation if I want to go to Hamilton, and it's about an hour from Kansas City. I will either add these days before or after I go to Wichita. Leaving Ottawa July 25 or 26 depending on flights.

    Can you share your favorite and recommended place to stay. Thanks.

    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

    Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

  2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
  3. #2
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Posts
    14,978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    Several of us stay at the Super 8 during the birthday bash, leading up to the forum retreat. By no means 5 star, but the owners are nice, and the rooms are clean. Other than the retreat center my fave place to stay in town in The Morning Star Inn. It is right in town, just a few blocks from the quilt shops. Home Inn Hamilton is also a very nice B&B, that is just outside of town.
    You should check out our FB Group

    The Quilting Cupboard https://www.facebook.com/groups/quiltingcupboard//

    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

    Marilyn......

  4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
  5. #3
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    4,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    I hope you have a great and uneventful trip (see my finally home post).

    I've never been so I have no recommendations to make.
    Katrina


    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
  7. #4
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ladysmith, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    12,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    Need someone to go with you? Wish I could. Have a wonderful trip and don't bring everything back with you, LOL!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

  8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
  9. #5
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    I'm no help, never been! I'm soooo happy for you! Can't wait to hear all about your grand adventure.....
    Anita

  10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
  11. #6
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada's capital
    Posts
    1,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Need someone to go with you? Wish I could. Have a wonderful trip and don't bring everything back with you, LOL!!
    If you want to come. I am going there first, then off the rest of the time to help with move. Not looking forward to that, mostly because I know it's hot there.

    I am packing light, and really hope that I am reasonable to show restraint in my retail therapy. I can always leave some at my SIL and bring back on my return trip later in August.

    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

    Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

  12. #7
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tacoma WA
    Posts
    12,622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post

    I am packing light, and really hope that I am reasonable to show restraint in my retail therapy. I can always leave some at my SIL and bring back on my return trip later in August.
    To let you know just how hot it is, there is a thermometer right on main street!!
    pat.

    No rain....no rainbows!



  13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
  14. #8
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada's capital
    Posts
    1,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    I am super excited. Last night I saw that there was a Trunk Show with Jenny on July 26th. So I adjusted my tavel plans. Flying to Kansas City on July 25th and staying 2 nights, then will drive to Wichita for family obligations.

    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

    Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

  15. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
  16. #9
    Honey Bun

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    I'm finalizing my itinerary for my KS-MO trip, and plan to stay 1-2 nights in Cameron, MO. I understand this is the closest accommodation if I want to go to Hamilton, and it's about an hour from Kansas City. I will either add these days before or after I go to Wichita. Leaving Ottawa July 25 or 26 depending on flights.

    Can you share your favorite and recommended place to stay. Thanks.

    My sister in law, mother in law and myself will also be there on the 25th-26th!! It's our first trip too!! We're staying at the Fairfield Inn in Chillicothe. I don't really know the exact distance but since it's on Hwy 36 we figure it can't be that far!! LOL

  17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
  18. #10
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada's capital
    Posts
    1,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: M*QC - Hamilton, MO here I come.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonMSW View Post
    My sister in law, mother in law and myself will also be there on the 25th-26th!! It's our first trip too!! We're staying at the Fairfield Inn in Chillicothe. I don't really know the exact distance but since it's on Hwy 36 we figure it can't be that far!! LOL
    How much fun is that - a girls' trip to m*. I will check it out, as I haven't yet booked my hotel in Cameron. When I arrive in Kansas City, I plan to drive to Liberty, and visit Angela Walters' quilt store, then drive to Cameron. I just want to stay close to Hamilton and short drive after Jenny's trunk show on Thursday night.

    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

    Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •