Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP July 6-12, 2018

Summer has settled in around here. I'm frantically trying to stay ahead of the mowing....

This weekend, I'm working on a little mug rug for a swap. I'll share pictures when my partner gets her package. I need to swap my Singer 99 (which is set up for regular piecing with a perfect quarter inch seam guide) with my Featherweight (which I prefer for paper piecing since I can tighten the stitch length down to where it totally perforates the paper).

I also would love to get my treadle up and running soon. I took the head out to swap the Singer 66 back clamp with a Model 15 side clamp. The Model 15 is a vertical bobbin and is supposed to be better for free motion quilting.

How's everything going in your world? Machine stuff going on?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP July 6-12, 2018

I finished the Birthstone Pink Tourmaline and got all the pieces cut out for Birthstone Amethyst. This is the easiest block so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4377.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	153661

I finally found the last shade of red I needed to do the Birthstone Ruby block at Hobby Lobby. I did not know that they had Kona solids there. Good to know.

Machine stuff going on? When I went to replace my dusty pink bobbin with medium gray to start assembling the Amethyst block I found a small pool of yellow oil. The machine hasn't been oiled for weeks and the oil wasn't there four days ago when I put in the pink bobbin. First time I have ever seen that. I hope something hasn't broken inside the machine. It sounds the same as before. Keeping my fingers crossed. It is still under warranty.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the coast Tues to Thurs and visited the fabric shop for Christmas fabrics.

I've made a small quilt for Linus using the tutorial from last Friday, just need to quilt which won't take long. I've also made a cushion cover using left over blocks, this will go for fundraising. I'll post pics when finished. Then it's on to making Christmas ornaments for fundraising.

It's very hot here and has been for the last 3 weeks, currently 84F in my sewing room. I know you all in the US and Canada are having much higher temperatures but we're not geared up for the heat - no A/C in homes and shops so we're really suffering!!

Moan over, hope all have a great week.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good day,
    This week the weather will be cooler, so I may not be indoors as much sewing. I do plan on finishing the quilting of #4 Victoria quilt. Then I can get to sandwiching some of the UFOs that I got backing for, last week.

It's going to be a busy week otherwise, but Ilan to work on the skyline blocks. No rush for these.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello friends! We still have our shipment to "process" and I have some SERIOUS closet reorganizing to do this week.... BUT it seems like I might be able to find some sewing time too. I have blocks from a BOM that I did years ago that I'd like to sash and make a quilt with for my friend who is suffering from esophageal cancer. I have cards and notes for his care package from friends and I'm highly motivated to get it done for him ASAP.

I have a second quilt that is ready to be quilted, for a second friend going through cancer treatments, but I need to buy backing for his... lots to do!!

my 9 year old daughter is away at summer camp this week, and I dropped her off only 8 hours ago and it's killing me, so I should keep busy so I don't worry about her too much :-( I think it's hardest on mom!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still hand quilting the center part of my quilt. I'm on the second to last block and it is the most difficult, being a very squiggly tree. After this is the piano key border and I'm very tempted to hand it over to someone with a longarm.